Sunday 26 April 2009


I know I said I wouldn't post today but here I am.... 
It's been a beautiful day here but very windy. DH and I drove into Sydney to visit the Art Gallery of NSW where they are showing the Portrait paintings  shortlisted for the annual Archibald Prize.  The paintings are judged by the Trustees of The Art Gallery and they have already named the winner. However, the public have a chance to view and vote for  their favourite which also gets an award.  I think it works out something like Aus$50,000 for the winner and Aus$2,500 for the peoples choice.  Guy Maestri won for his portrait of Indigenous singer Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu  and I must say it  got my vote (novice that I am!), it is an amazing painting.  There were others that I really liked too, an oil painting of Aussie Rocker Jimmy Barnes for one.  Anyway it was a good day, there were plenty of people out and about enjoying the sunshine.
I thought I'd post  this picture I took today, just in case you haven't seen it before!!!!!! the water looks a bit chilly though don't you think.  
Till tomorrow.............




2 comments:

stampinlynn said...

Wow looks like you had a great day. Australia is one of my dream vacations along with a Mediterranean cruise. Love all your cards, and good you got hobbies other than that makes for an all rounded gal wouldn't say. Your blog is sweet thanks for the invite.
Lynn

Jose said...

First visit here, had to comment on the picture before I look at your cards, brings back memories when we visited about 5 years ago, and its now on our 'must visit again list!'
Jose