Thursday 16 September 2010

OLW #20 - Hip, Hip Hooray!



Hello Blogger's,

Here's my card for Susan's One layer Wednesday #20.  The challenge this week was for 3 and 1..........That is, three images and one sentiment. 

Looking at my card you'll be asking yourself .... can she count ?  Ha ha  I can read minds!  I thought for a while about how to play this one.  My stamp choice was  a set of three balloons from Annabelle Stamps 'Hold A Candle'.  Would I just stamp it once and call it three images, or stamp one image  three times..........See my dilemma?   

Well you can see what I decided and to make it fit  some of the image is 'off the page' anyway!  If I've broken the rules...........Sorry........ but..... have to say I quite like this!

Back tomorrow with a huge post for the 2nd day of Annabelle Stamps Sept. previews, hope you'll call past for that.......Oh and don't forget my September Candy here.



Photobucket

Stamps: Annabelle Stamps Hold a Candle, Ink: SU Chocolate Chip. Card SU. Other Copic Markers, glitter pen, white gel pen.

21 comments:

Robyn said...

It's a really nice one layer card Sue...even if you did break "the rules" Lol!!

Auntie Em said...

The best ideas often come along when we 'break the rules'! Love your card!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Always love a good one layer card - gorgeous!

Heather T said...

I like your interpretation of "three plus one" there is lovely movement in your card.

Kerrie said...

Rules are made to be broken (LOL)... its a fun card.

Susan said...

I personally love that you were thinking outside the box. I love that some of the balloons are off the card...give it a floating feel!

Kathy Jones said...

What a fun CAS card - you just can't go wrong with pink!!! :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

I don't think you broke the rules at all! It's all in how you interrupt the challenge! I love this so CUUU-te!

Abounding Treasures said...

A lovely one layer card ... even if you did break *the rules* :o) Is there really any such thing in card making??

Shirley-Anne said...

Well did you?? Really? love this one layer bit and your creation , right or wrong , is a delightful card .

Nina said...

Love this one layer card Sue! these can be very challenging, but they usually turn out great! And what? I don't see any rules broken! Love it! And I agree, great movement, it really carries your eyes!

joanne wardle said...

I don't think you broke the rules at all, I think you played them perfectly and produced an excellent card as well!

Colleen said...

Sue,
Lets just say you have three clusters of three. See no rules broken here. LOLI love your card, it is just as cute as can be.

Julia Aston said...

what a fun b'day card Sue! love those balloons and the way you stamped them!

Bonnie said...

I see your dilemma but I think you interpreted it just fine! I love all the balloons floating up into the air! A fun card!

Anonymous said...

I too grappled whether to stamp one image three times, especially when I found most of my stamps group things in pairs rather than 3's.

And I too ended up with balloons....the most-used stamp in my collection. Don't you think it odd that there are no balloon punches except very small ones? I would love balloon punches, in at least 3 different sizes, because balloons are age and gender neutral!

Love your card.

Bahb

Lisa Lara said...

Your post cracked me up about counting. Hee. I see the three of three. Smartie pants. I love the soft pink and shine. Too cute.

G Peplow said...

Hi there, you got that exactly right, I couldn't work out how there was 3 to 1 any where on your card! Great fun here then! Love it and your pretty card :D xx

liz a. said...

this is too cute! and it is pink, so you really can't miss! just wanted to let you know this is really a delightful card....

Susan Raihala said...

Hee, hee! You followed the rules! And made a totally fun and pretty card!

Susan Raihala said...

My comment doesn't seem to have taken, so I'll try it again....

You DID follow the rules and this is a totally adorable card! TFS