Tuesday 23 November 2010

OLW # 29 -Classic Beauties Challenge




Susan's One Layer Wednesday Challenge this week was to make a card using a recent post here for inspiration.  I encourage you to go take a look at the link........I oohed and ahhed (?) at all the sweet goodness a few times before I sat down to make my card.

I chose the first picture, because I loved the colour for one and also all the scalloped lace work........so clever.  I used some masks and sponged with white chalk ink to get a couple of rows of scallop's.  Leaving space between to emboss my sentiment.  I embossed a further row of lace using Victorian Frippery from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  Four little white hearts to complete.

Susan's one layer challenges are always fun but this one was a real challenge for me.......I enjoyed it too.

Thanks for dropping by, I'll see you soon..............


Photobucket

13 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You sure can't tell it was a challenge! So stunning, I too like the color!

Robyn said...

Gorgeous lace border- so pretty! Love those little pearls too! Great OLW!

Brenda said...

Sue your card is so beautifully elegant!!! I love it!

Nilla said...

Sue, this is stunning beautiful! Love hearts, just gorgeous! Hugs Nilla

Rosemary said...

lovely, lovely card! thank you for the sweet comment!

craftieodmae said...

I love the lace stamp!!!! Your card rocks and you made a gorgeous card!

Kerrie said...

Very pretty and bright card!

Shirley-Anne said...

Simplicity at its best! Hi Sue.
The lacey bit at top is my fav element on this stylish creation .

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!! Sue you make the most stunning CAS cards ever!!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Had to take a second look - you sure that is all one layer!? Love it!

Susan Raihala said...

Gorgeous, Sue! You've really played up the colors and elegance of the cake beautifully!!!!! Thanks for playing.

Selma said...

That is a beautiful stamp and I love the color too.

Deborah Frings said...

This is so beautiful! I really like green - and you do them so well.