I thought I'd share another Heartfelt Creations project with you today. You may have already seen this if you visit the Heartfelt Creation blog. Having stamped so many Red Cardinals over the past month from the Springtime Cardinal Collection I thought they needed their own home so with the help of my PI I made them one...........what do you think!
All made from a Cereal box and some American Craft card.......but look at the Cardinal surrounded by blooms.....he looks so happy....don't you think? I hoped it was a good way to showcase these amazing stamps and matching dies from Heartfelt Creations.
Here's a closer look.......
Here are some details:
HC Products: HCPC 3383 Cardinal Posy Branch PreCut Set
HCPC 3353 Cardinal Family PreCut Set.
HCPC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers PreCut Set
HCD 706 Cardinal Family Die.
HCD 701 Posy Patch Die
Spellbinders Scalloped Square Die.
Other Products: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. X-Press It Blending Card, American Craft Card 2 shades brown (Autumn Collection). White Card, Cereal Box, Jute, Kaisercraft Gems topaz. PI Die cutter, QuicKutz Scalloped die. Copic Markers, Craft Glue, Double sided tape Foam tape. Craft Smart Spray Adhesive. Craft Concepts Woodgrain embossing folder and Cuttlebug. ScorPal.
Instructions: Stamp the image plus two separate portions of the flowers and buds onto X-Press It blending card using tuxedo black ink. Colour with Copic markers and cut out. Stamp the Cardinal from HCPC 3353 and nine Posy petals, colour with Copic markers and cut using the matching dies. Using foam tape, add the cardinal and the petals to the large image and the two portions. Add gems to the centre of the petals,
The walls of the birdhouse were designed in two parts and cut using the PI die cutter. Once cut all the fold lines are scored using ScorPal and strong craft glue used to adhere the two parts. The birdhouse walls are cut twice, once from cardboard (cereal box) and once from brown American craft card. The brown card was embossed using a woodgrain embossing die before attaching to the cardboard with Spray adhesive. The base of the birdhouse is also constructed in cardboard and brown card and was cut using a Spellbinder scalloped square die. Layers of die cut scallops covering some white card make up the roof with a hole punched through the centre of the ‘flashing’. The jute is threaded through this with a knot on the inside before the completed roof is attached to the birdhouse with more craft glue.
Once all the craft glue is dry add the main stamped image of the Cardinal over the front of the birdhouse using a mixture of foam tape and craft glue. Add the two smaller portions, one either side of the birdhouse.
Tie a bow in another length of jute at the base of the hanging loop to complete.
This was such fun to make and I did used the PI to design the walls but it could just as easily be made without now I have the pattern.
This project is entered in the following challenges:
Raise The Bar - Challenge #65: Flower power.
Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes