Hello Bloggers......a bit quiet around here but the boss and I are packing up and selling all the stuff we don't think we'll need anymore. It's a big job but it feels quite liberating, 'stuff' weighs you down and we want to be able to just 'pack and go' when the mood takes us!
I do have a little card to share today though. I thought I should have one ready well in advance. It's another Cameo designed card, I have a few that I played with but this was just very CAS and made up in a spare few minutes :)
- In the Studio Software I drew a rectangle with rounded corners sized to 5.25 x 4.00 inches.
- Next I drew a heart shape with an outer dashed line and
- A rectangle with rounded corners sized to 5.25 x 4.00 inches was added around the heart shape, making sure to centre the heart.
- I picked a font to sketch the word Sweetheart, sizing it to fit within the cut shape.
- I sent the sketch penned sentiment through the Cameo first then added my DP to the cutting mat to cut the heart.
- I centred the sentiment behind the DP with double sided tape. Then popped up the piece over a plain white top fold card, using foam tape.
- To complete the card I added a half pearl flourish.
I cut an envelope for this card too. This design came from the SIL Store and I just cut a panel from the front to add a plain white addressing area. How fabulous to be able to make matching envelopes for my cards.....love that! The DP is from a cheap 12 x 12 pad I bought in Aldi .....of all places. It's the perfect weight for an envelope.
Thanks for calling past, now back to work for me :)