Monday 14 December 2009

A New Baby!

Hello all,

I was asked by a friend to make her a New Baby card and I thought I'd try an easel card as I've seen so many of them in 'blogland'.
Our local Spotlight store have a range of Peter Rabbit clear stamps along with all sorts of additional bits and bobs to go with them. More for Scrapbooking I think, but I'm a Peter Rabbit fan from way back......When I was little and went to stay with gran, she used to take me to a teashop called The Vinecroft (not there anymore) and they used to sell all kinds of Peter Rabbit soft toys, china, books etc. I had a few bits bought me as gifts.
So anyway, I though Peter would be good for the card and stamped him in Memento Tuxedo Black onto GKD pure luxury in pure white. Used copics to colour him and cut him out with an oval Nestie. He sits on a scalloped oval that has been pierced.
The base of my Card is SU Sahara Sand, followed by the card I've used for the matt which is from American Craft. The DP is from Nana's Nursery by DCWV. I used a Fiskars punch to punch out one side of the dp then wrapped some ribbon around this section.
The sentiment was computer generated and cut with a Nestie before popping it up with foam tabs. Two swirls cut from an EK Success punch were added to 'hold' the sentiment.
To finish the card I added four pearls.

We had a busy and warm week end here! I was madly trying to organise the last bits and pieces for Christmas, as well as tidy up the back garden. Did manage to get a walk down by the coast on Saturday, after a warm day at 7pm Walshie and I were eating ice cream on the beach. There must have been a big party in the City as Manly was a riot of red and white Santa's! I clicked a quick photo of one group to show you!


OK off to make some fruit mince pies and shortbread ready for the Craft girls.......
Till next time.........

5 comments:

jo-in-oz said...

Gorgeous card Sue. A friend of mine had a baby boy today so I might pinch your idea of the easel card - hope you don't mind LOL! It's been pretty chilly here for a week or so but supposed to be 40 degrees on Wed, going from one extreme to the other at the moment! Jo x

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, I love easel cards, your photo of the santa's is cute too! Have fun cooking.

A Consuming Passion said...

Jo, if you read this again....been trying to contact you via email but lost your address. Email me... please!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Perfect "new baby" card! Your easel turned out wonderful.... aren't they fun?

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love the soft colours.

:) Marcia