Wednesday 13 January 2010

Happy Birthday Mum







Hi,
I want to share a boxed card I made for my Mum's 81st Birthday. I have a couple of other ones I'll post here later in the week.

I used Julee Tilman's sketch for Mojo Monday week 121 and Selmas challenge on Stamp TV which was to heat emboss.

My image has been stamped and embossed with Copper embossing powder and has two copper self adhesive brads for the centres.

I've dry embossed the peach card (I know it looks a bit pink in this photo but the picture was taken in the middle of a very hot day here in Sydney!) with a Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder. The band across the top is made up of two layers of card both of which were punched with the scalloped single diamond punch.

I've added the peach flowers along with some silk ribbon and heart embellishments in place of the circle element.

The inside of my card has been kept quite plain, I added a sheet of peach parchment with the bottom edge punched and stamped a swirl from SU along with the sentiment from another GKD set .



Because of the embellishments and ribbon on this card I made a box to send it. My card is going to he UK so will be sent in a padded post pack.

I've dry embossed the daisies using a Cuttlebug embossing folder then scored lines either side before attaching the peach label, which was cut with a Spellbinder die.


It was such a hot day here yesterday, too hot to be over energetic so I just sat in my nice cool room and played with this card...... Hope you like it!


Till next time.......


Recipe:

Stamps: Tropical Windows - Gina K Designs. Are We There Yet (sentiment) Rupa Shevde for Gina K Designs. SU Sweet Shapes
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip. American Craft ZING Copper Embossing Powder.
Card: Base = American Crafts - Vanilla. Peach and Pale Terracotta card (?) from my stach. Peach Parchment. Gina K Designs - Pure Luxury Layering weight in Ivory. DP = Scenic Route - Italian Script,
Embellishments: Three paper flowers from Spotlight Stores . Peach silk ribbon from my embroidery box. Heart embellishments from Catchy Crafts Copper self adhesive brads from Gina K Designs.
Other: Cuttlebug embossing folders - Swiss dots and Daisies. Martha Stewart Punch - Scalloped single diamond. Spellbinders Labels 1.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

It's beautiful Sue, I just love it! I can sympathise with the heat, but today is fantastic here - I hope you're getting some relief as well.

Michele Kovack said...

What a gorgeous card! Love all your special touches!

Gloria said...

Oh Sue--That card is absolutely gorgeous....

Lorraine said...

I am sure your Mum will love the card so elegant. Love the flowers.

Kathy Jones said...

BEAUTIFUL Sue!!!! What a fabulous job with the sketch!! Love the double punched border and that lovely bouquet of flowers - perfect embellishments for the flower image!!!

craftieodmae said...

This is so beautiful!!!! It's a work of art for sure!

Sharri said...

Sue, this is gorgeous! I love the color combo and the layout!

Nina said...

Oh such a beautiful card for you mum! I am sure she is just going to love it! Wish it was a little warmer here and it sounds like you wish it was a little cooler there! :O)

Jose said...

Gorgeous card Sue, Im sure your Mum will be thrilled with it, I hope the Post Office here will treat the package with care and deliver it safely and in good time.
Sorry to hear you are suffering with the high temperatures!