Saturday, 27 March 2010

Happy Birthday Kez!!!


It was Kerrie's birthday yesterday and this is the little card I made for her. Using one of Mo's illustrations and my first image coloured with Inkadinks. I need a bit more practice but I loved using them. I've started with SU Kraft for the base card followed by chocolate brown and played with some more of the beautiful paper from Kaisercraft - Peachy Keen Collection.

The image is printed on pure luxury card and I've sponged the edge to distress it. Wish I'd done the same with the ribbon really, it looks a bit bright here! The flower was also cut from the dp and layered with a section cut away to lift the petals. A punched swirl and three copper self adhesive brads complete the card.

Hope you have a great week end, I'm back tomorrow to post the 'Roses' challenge card for this month. Chosen by Kym called 'March-ing With The Troups'. Hope you can call past.

Till then..........

7 comments:

craftieodamae said...

This is over the top gorgeous! I have this image and I have never got her to look so good! You rock!

Betty Benton said...

What a sweet card you made for our lovely Kez! Birthdays are a time to celebrate!

Patti said...

Kerrie should absolutely LOVE this! Super cute! Have a great weekend!

Shirley-anne said...

A delightful card .Love the flourish and the flower at top left. Well done with the colouring of the image .

Theresa said...

What a great image! Love your coloring and all the details of ribbons, flowers, papers,etc.

Butternut Sage Designs said...

oh how Cute Sue look at all that is going on in this card I especially love her knees! The colors are so old fashioned I love the whole idea of it.Have a great weekend!

redwasher1 said...

She is so sweet and your coloring is perfect!!!!!!!