Before I tell you about my card today I want to pass on some news I read here. Sue Berker and her husband John would be known to lots of blogger's, not just for the beautiful projects Sue makes but also for the story of how they met and the amazing life they share. John had a stroke a couple of days ago and Susan Raihala has suggested that we might like to offer prayers and send some support by way of cards. My card will be in the mail first thing tomorrow and my thoughts are with this lovely couple at this time. If you would like to send a card check the link to get the Berker's address.
My card today was made for the Roses challenge. It was Betty's turn to pick the theme this month and she mailed each of us, Olga, Connie, Kym, Kerrie and me a package containing this beautiful stamp as well as the dp and close to cocoa card. The challenge was to use these items to make a card. Ooh Betty colouring a bird!!! never been very good at this but gave it my best.
1. Stamp the image onto PL white card and colour with Çopics (ooh red my fav!!!). Using a Spellbinder die cut it out and ink around the edge with a Copic marker.
2. Fold some A5 white lined card for the base and add a layer of green American Craft card, followed by the DP.
3. Using a scalloped die cut the close to cocoa card and wrap some white ribbon round tied to the side in a bow. Attach to the card with double sided tape.
4. Attached the coloured image with foam dots to pop it up.
5. Add three Annabelle Stamps Artichoke sprinkles.
It was a challenge, but I promise to keep going with this stamp until I master colouring birds......so thanks Betty, hope you like it ..... cos it's on it's way to you!
That's it for me today, thanks for calling past, I'm a bit stiff after yesterdays gardening so gave myself the day off today. It's a bit cloudy outside today so a good day to get some stamps out for a play........
Till next time......