I'm hopping today with Scrapbook Boutique,
The hop is open for one week, closing at midday Tuesday 17th January.
Unfortunately the blog hop prize (and the inspiration challenge) are only open to anyone with an Australian mailing address.
The theme is Purple, Green and White. Make a project using the following picture as your inspirationand you could be the winner of a $30 gift voucher for Scrapbook Boutique.
(Link your project on the SB Blog before 31/1/12)
Take a look at these delicious cupcakes.....so pretty!
The detail on each of these little fancies is amazing.....wish I had this kind of patience. Here's what I came up with using Heartfelt Creations stamps and dies.
Using the background stamp with one daisy popped up over a vellum sentiment strip. Some green leaves tucked in to finish the card front. For those who are interested here's how:
1. Trim Purple card from Core’dinations Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection to 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”.
2. Stamp the Daisy Patch Background to smooth white card using distress inks in dusty concord. Trim image to 4-2/8” x 5-4/8”.
3. Trim vellum to 1-4/8” and wrap around the bottom of the stamped background securing at the back.
4. Using a Copic Multiliner add the faux stitching along the top and bottom of the vellum. Stamp Sentiment in onyx black and set aside to dry.
5. Stamp the two largest daisy patch flowers using dusty concord ink. I stamped off the largest before stamping the image I would use, to give a lighter outline.
6. Using the matching dies, die cut the two Daisy Patch flowers. Using Zip Dry glue attach the petals together and add some Glossy Accents to the centre of the flower.
7. From a scrap of green card die cut a leaf branch from the Spellbinders foliage dies and run it through a paper crimper to add some dimension.
8. Arrange the leaf and Daisy over the vellum, using Zip Dry glue to adhere.
9. Adhere the stamped background to the purple card before adding this to the 5.5” x 4.25” smooth white card base.
I'm entering this card in the following challenges this week:
Gingerloft Challenge - GL31 - Anything goes. (ends 21/1)
I thought I'd sneak in another little card to share. I really liked the cupcake with the woven iced top so used that as the inspiration for this card......What do you think?
So simple to weave strips from paper scraps. Punch a few flowers and a dab of Stickles for the centre. I added a sentiment from the same set as the first card and a Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch die cut flower.
Looking forward to seeing all your projects this month..........See yoou soon!