You have to imagine me waving to you from the UK!
I'm so excited, today is the first day for of previews for Annabelle Stamps June release. There will be four sets available to purchase from Wednesday 30th June. I hope you'll call by to see all four projects I'll be posting here. If you haven't already collected the Blinkie from the Annabella Stamps Blog to display on your blog, there's still time. Don't forget there is a prize up for grabs, one prize for each set revealed. Check the Annabelle Stamps Blog for all the information.
Today we are previewing the set Tree-MEN-dous, which is a great little set for Father's Day as well as Male cards in general. I've made a card for a friend of mine to give her son, he's just become a father for the first time, making her a Nana! I can't wait to hear what you think about this little set.
1. Cut base card to size. Using VersaMark ink a small leaf stamp from Tree-MEN-dous randomly stamp across the front.
2. Emboss a 1 inch strip of brown card using a mesh embossing folder and adhere to left side of card.
3. Stamp tree trunk using SU chocolate chip ink onto Kraft. Ink the separate foliage stamp with SU kiwi kiss and position over the branches. (So much easier with these clear stamps) Punch right side of Kraft with a SU spiral binding punch. Sponge all around with antique linen distress ink. Adhere to card.
4. Stamp the border sign in kiwi kiss followed by the SON in chocolate chip, cut out and adhere to card front with foam dots.
5. Stamp the button sentiment in chocolate chip and using a Spellbinder die cut and mat to a kiwi kiss scalloped circle. Adhere to card with foam dots.
6. Add four 3mm toffee sprinkles to button centre and three to the base of the image panel.
My second card is a Birthday card and this could well be Ian's card this year!
The base card is Apple Green.
I stamped the image onto fine cork, adding some light sponging around the leaves of the tree. It stamped quite well and though it's hard to see here the trunk and branches look really good.
I've added some doodling around the edge of the cork and some fibres to one side. The sentiment was stamped over and over on a strip of Kraft and added to the centre of the fibres. To complete my card I covered a chipboard heart with some cork and using strong tape added this over the sentiment.
Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you'll take the time to check all the designers blogs as well as the Annabelle Stamp Blog for more inspirational ideas for this set.
Our next reveal will be Thursday June 24th, stop by if you can and good luck with the prize draw.