I'm sharing a card made for Scrapbook Boutique, if you came here from Evelyn's blog you'll have seen it featured today. Have you joined the Photo Inspirational Challenge this month? You still have time to play along. Click the above link of see the photo in my side bar.
Today's card uses one of Heartfelt Creations Christmas ornament sets with a layered Poinsettia.
SBB carry these amazing stamps with matching dies here in Australia. Spellbinders new 2011 Heirloom Ornaments are the perfect way to show of the set too.
The regular visitors to my blog would know I like to use digital papers on cards from time to time. It's great to have a small selection on your computer ready to print out. A while back I saw that Crafty Secrets had a CD with lots of beautiful dsp as well as antique images, templates and much more.
I was thrilled when I saw that Scrapbook Boutique stocked the CD as well as so many of the beautiful stamps. The dsp on this card is from the CD called Creating with Vintage Patterns.
Sea Mist Card.
Accessories: Spellbinder Nestabilities 2011 Heirloom Ornaments Die, Shapeabilities Layered Poinsettia die and Edgeabilities Classic Ric Rac die.
Copic Markers. Gold embossing powder. Rangers Stickles: golden rod. Tim Holtze Ink Blending Tool. Cotton twine.
I used Zip Dry glue unless stated to adhere this card.
1. Print Framed Flowers and Dots Mini dsp from the Crafty Secrets CD to smooth white card. From the framed flowers dsp cut a 4.25 x 4.75" length
2. Trim smooth white card to 4.25 x 5.5 and adhere the framed flowers dsp from the bottom towards the top (so that white card shows through the die cuts).
3. Trim Sea Mist card to make a 4.25 x 5.5 inch top fold card.
4. Open up the card and using the Edgeabilities Classic Ric Rac edge only and Insert 1, die cut and emboss the top 1inch of card front.
5. Trim around the scallops on dots mini dsp and adhere to card front. Matt a layer of dots mini dsp to smooth white card that has been sponged with tattered rose distress ink . Adhere to card front over the scallops.
6. Adhere this completed section under the die cut Sea Mist card.
7. Stamp the Poinsettia Spray in tuxedo black ink and cut using matching Heirloom Ornaments die. Sponge the edges with tattered rose distress inks. Colour with Copic markers.
8. Stamp the ornament top a second time in VersaMark and emboss with gold e.p. Cut out and adhere over ornament. Tie a bow in cotton twine and adhere using dries clear adhesive.
9. Stamp the two smallest Poinsettias from Petite Poinsettia. Using the matching dies cut and emboss. Colour these with Copic markers.
10. Assemble the Poinsettia using dries clear adhesive. The top layer has a small piece of adhesive foam to pop it up. Add some Gold stickles for the centre and to embellish.
11. Add the completed ornament to the card front using an adhesive foam tab.
Thanks so much for dropping by, till next time............