Monday 18 May 2009



Good Morning, hope you had a good week-end.  
I have a 'Sympathy' card to show you today.  I've seen lots of really good Sympathy cards on other peoples Blogs and on Stamp TV. This is  the first one I've made and I thought it would be easy....... I actually found it quite hard, I played with ribbon, petals etc and nothing looked quite right.  This is what I came up with so tell me what you think.
I started with an A2 card base, then ran a piece of Kaisercraft double sided dp through the Cuttlebug using the script embossing folder.  The stamped image is from Gina K's Elegant Flowers.  I stamped this stem twice once in Perfect Plum and once in Almost Amethyst onto an oval cut with my Spellbinder Nestabilities. I mounted this onto a scalloped oval.
 Well this is where I stopped! It looked too blah (if you know what I mean).  I tried the patterned side of the dp which had some lime green and dots.... but no not right, ribbon etc. no.  Then remembered the SU pad of 6x6 inch pd had a grey which might work, so I cut a strip to set the oval onto and flipped it to have the two small corner squares featuring the darker grey.  The sentiment, which was computer generated onto the smallest Nestabilities ovals, was attached using foam tape.  I added the three small pearls to finish off.
I was thinking that perhaps these kind of cards are easier to make if you are making them for someone rather than just making one, if you know what I mean! Anyway I have one know and I've kept a sketch of it as well as a picture - just in case.........
Till tomorrow

3 comments:

Ann said...

Hi Sue, thanks for the lovely comments on my blog and wow you have the blog candy and banner up on The Next Level - fastastic. You asked about flowers etc and which sites I use, keep an eye on the opening Challenge, I think you will be pleased!!!! Cheers Ann xxx

Kathy Jones said...

This is just lovely Sue!!! Love the colours and the delicate image. Sympathy cards are hard to make - trying to keep the balance of not overdone and yet still respectful --- I think you did a wonderful job!!

NinaB said...

Sue, you are so clever. Those little grey squares do make the card stand out. Happy monday!