Thursday 21 May 2009

Mojo Monday 87


This is my card for this weeks Mojo Monday Challenge.
I picked up this beautiful dp from Basic Grey called Wisteria and my plan was to use it for a couple of challenges this week. The colours in this paper are beautiful soft and muted, except for the occasional darker flower, I love it.

So, I started with by card base which is from Bazzill, followed by a white card then this craft card in the darkest shade of the amethyst I've used throughout. I ran this card through the CB using Swiss Dots EF. The first square of my dp was mounted to the same lighter amethyst card and attached to the base. I used my corner rounding punch (with the guard removed) to punch a scalloped strip in the lighter amethyst and attached this to the second of my dp strips which runs along the bottom of the card. The stamped image is from SU Circle Circus and it was stamped in almost amethyst onto white card then mounted to the scalloped circle, I've attached these to the card with foam tape. Both the circles where cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities. Instead of the smaller square I chose to use two flowers that were coloured with Copics to match the lemon colour of the dp they sit on. I dressed the flower with a gold spacer set with a pearl. To finish off I added two small pearls in the top right hand corner.
I've left the sentiment off until I'm ready to send the card. I thought my sentiment would sit along the bottom dp eventually.
Hope you like this one, the picture doesn't really do it justice, I feel.

No comments: