Saturday 9 May 2009


Only six more sleeps before our trip to New Zealand - I hope by the time we leave I've finally got rid of this terrible cold! I've spent most of this week with my head buried in tissues. Shouldn't grumble though as it seems every other person in Sydney has it, so I'm not alone.
Just one card to show today and the story attached to this card is that a while ago I stumbled onto a blog called The Frugal Crafter. I found it quite interesting, bookmarked it and went back a few times. Then a week ago I bought a new pair of winter PJ's (yes we need them in Aus. in the winter!) and they had a colourful oval label with a piece of ribbon attached on them, along with the usual spare button! Much to my surprise I found myself carefully removing the label and ribbon and putting them aside.
Now here is my card - I've used the colours from the oval label as my colour scheme. So base card is from Bazzil, as is the punched lace card I'm going to call raspberry (?) The tissue paper is actually wrapping paper I've recycled! my little cupcake image from Penny Black is stamped in black onto cream card which I then punched. I layered the stamped image first onto the raspberry then my PJ label using the ribbon to tie a small bow on the front. To finish I stamped celebrate in black ink onto cream card . This is attached to the lace with two brads.

I think the Frugal Crafter got to me........... What do you think?

Today I had the first of two expected parcels from America. It has some of Gina K's Luxury Card Stock in it which I'm really looking forward to trying. My new stamps will be in the second one which I'm hoping will be with me on Monday. So next week I'll be madly getting ready to go away and also trying to make at least a couple of cards.
Have a great week-end...

No comments: