Friday 13 November 2009

Blue satin sashes!


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things


Hello blogging friends!

Today's card is for two challenges the first being the Flourishes Favourite Things challenge to be inspired by the song!
I've used the first line of the third verse 'Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes' as the inspiration for my card along with this lovely digital illustration from Mo Manning.

For my card I used blue Bazzill, white card and green Bazzill. The dp is from Eskimo Kisses paper pad and the flower is made using the medium and small retro flower punches from EK Success. The pine punch is from McGill.
Once the image was sized I printed it twice, the second copy had the skirt cut away and to this I added Martha Steward clear glitter. The main image was coloured with Copic markers adding some Kindy Glitz Crystalina to the holly wings.
The blue scalloped circle was cut with a Nestabilities die but the image was cut by hand.
My base card has the bottom corners rounded before adding a layer of the dp which had the same rounded corners. I've embossed the green Bazzill through the Cuttlebug using a Swiss dots embossing folder and also punched a scalloped edge along the bottom. Next was the matted image followed by the white satin ribbon. To complete the card I added the punched flower and just one green dew drop.

Mo's Challenge blog has a sketch challenge this week No 6 and I've used the sketch so my card will be included in that challenge also. Hope you like this one!

So how was the boat trip last night............well we drove down a very narrow winding road to reach to boat ramp which was fun! The trip along the Hawkesbury River was lovely nice and cool after a very warm day. The sky was starting to look very black with the approach of a storm though so our timing was good as the heavens opened within an hour of reaching our friends new home. We were treated to an amazing lightening storm for about 30 minutes then it cleared up and we spent the evening sitting out on the deck overlooking the river, spectacular as the clouds cleared the stars were clearly visible. About midnight it was back to the boat for the trip to the wharf in the dark......... then guess who drove the windy roads home!!!!!
I think it would be such a peaceful way to live, on the river, but not sure I could handle the getting into a boat if you want to go ANYWHERE!

Thanks for dropping by today, till next time..............



13 comments:

Robyn said...

Wouldn't suit me!- Boats are NOT one of my favourite things!!

Betty Benton said...

Sue, this is FANTABULOUS! Such sweet soft colors and the sparkly skirt is wonderful!

Cathy said...

Sue, your Christmas Holly Angel is beautiful. Love the coloring of course and the flower and ribbon. Thanks for playing the challenge!

craftieodmae said...

how gorgeous!!

Debbie Pamment said...

I love this fairy and I adore what you've done with her - just gorgeous Sue!
xXx

Elaine L. said...

Love the glittery skirt! Great card. Thanks for taking part in the Mo's challenge this week.

Caryn said...

What's not to like?? It's just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Juls said...

beautiful!! Love the gorgeous soft colours and her beautiful glittery dress!

Selma said...

This is gorgeous. I really love her beautiful glittery dress.

Julie Koerber said...

What an absolutely beautiful creation!!! Thanks so much for playing!

The Wired Angel said...

Sue, your card is darling and you did a terrific job with Mo's challenge this week. Thanks for playing along with us and sharing your talent and creativity. Hugs, Peggy

Kym Weber said...

OMG! I love those lyrics! Your card is stunning! Love that blue sash! Gorgeous!

Sheila said...

Sue, your card is just beautiful!!, love the soft colour combo you've used on it.
Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.
Hugs
Sheila xx