Monday 30 November 2009

Vintage Christmas

Morning Blogger's,

I've been dying to try a vintage card for a while now - not just an old looking card but a shabby vintage one. Here it is Vintage Christmas....... This card was inspired by Camilla.

Not too sure where to start trying to explain what was involved but the basics are as follows:
Stamp - GKD Holiday Cheer
Card - GKD Apple Green, Pure Luxury Layering weight in pure white for the stamped image. Red craft card followed by two layers of dp, the first is Basic Grey Wassail then Foofala (not too sure about this paper I've had it for a while and that's all that's on the back).
Ink - For the image and the sponging around it SU Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss. For some of the distressing VersaFine Vintage Sepia. VersaMark was used for the embossing with American Crafts Gold embossing powder.

I started by spritzing the dp with water to soften it up before scrunching it to get the wrinkles! Once it was dry I distressed the edges using the kitchen scissors ! rolled them then with tea bags tea dyed them.....this wasn't quite enough so I sponged with Vintage Sepia. The Wassail piece had just the very edges embossed with gold then the top layer had large areas embossed to give it some shine. Using the sewing machine I attached both of these layers to the background red card (I had already sponged the edges of this and the base green card). As a sewer I found it really hard to sew other than a straight line!!!!

I stamped the image picking out the leaves in kiwi kiss then distressed all around with my cutting scissors before sponging. This was attached to the background with double sided tape and Tombo Aqua Liquid Glue.

That just left the embellishments........ The lace was tea dyed very lightly before attaching to the card with staples. I rolled a small piece of distressed paper added the ribbon rose and paper rose that had both been distressed. Coiled some florist wire then wrapped some ribbon around them all before spritzing with Glimmer mist in Iridescent Gold. This element was attached to the card with tacky glue. Done!

I have to say I was quite pleased when it was finished, I thought it might just look dirty! and guess what my biggest critic likes it too!!! Just might have to be his Christmas Card this year!!

That's it for today, thanks for stopping by - please leave me a quick comment to let me know what you think.......don't be a lurker....... I don't mind if you don't like it..... tell me why!

See ya later.........

6 comments:

Selma said...

What a gorgeous card Sue. I can see all the work you put into it and love everything about it.

Bev said...

Oh this is fab sweetie, really stunning work xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Sue! This is amazing! I love those roses! You defiantly created vintage!

Kerrie said...

Hey Walshie, this is just grand!

CraftieConnie said...

Hi Sue, this card is fabulous! Your creativity is wonderful and inspiring!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Love it, this is gorgeous.

:) Marcia