Tuesday 28 December 2010

It's that time of year!!!!!

Hello Blogger's,

First things first..........Happy Birthday Selma!!!!! I've got my fingers crossed that your Birthday card made it in time!!!

The title of this blog post sounds a bit ominous..........that time of year .....whatever could I mean!  Well the end of one year is time to start making plans for the coming new year.  I'm not a great one for New Years Resolutions, as such...... things happen.......plans change, who needs to feel bad when they can't stick to a rash promise?

I've read a couple of other blogs where the authors are starting to think about changes planned for 2011 and it's got me thinking.  I would like to make a few changes to my craft routine. I think it's actually started already!  I have been working with my die cutter and adding more of my cut pieces to cards and adding dimensional projects  boxes, bags etc.  I also want to try some different stamp companies.  There are so many wonderful images to choose from, so we'll see how this goes.  I hope I'll look a little harder at why I choose the stamps I buy too, I'd like to have stamps that can be used in different ways.  I want to get back into using some digital images again, which usually means colouring, which I enjoy.  I would like to try and  enter a couple of challenges other than design team work each week........that shouldn't be too hard to accomplish and just might entice some new followers.  January looks like a busy month for the Walsh family, with a few visitors expected, so my year might get off to a slow start.

What about you.......have you given any thought to the direction your crafting will take in the New Year?
I'd love to hear if you've made any plans.

No card today, but I'm working on something so pop back tomorrow you never know..............

See ya!

Photobucket

8 comments:

CathyC said...

Hi Sue, for 2011 I would like to get back into a proper routine of making cards - I seemed to leave everything till the last minute during the year, when I used to be so organised before ;-)

Patti J said...

Sue, you sound like me :) I keep trying to re-evaluate my priorities, organize my craft room, etc... it's so hard! There's so much I want to do while I still can! lol... Loved reading your post today, dear friend! Take care...

craftieodmae said...

what ever you decide, You Go Girl!!!!!

Selma said...

Thank you so much Sue. Yes, I did receive your gorgeous card today. I love it. There are so many things I want to do and hope to accomplishment this new year. You have made so many pretty things with your cutting machine and I want to try and figure out the new program I bought for mine. It would be so much easier to have it cut out boxes, etc. Always love reading your blog and will be anxious to see your new creations. Thanks again for the beautiful card. Happy New Year.

Shirley-Anne said...

Yes Sue I think you and I do know how quickly things can change . One event can alter your life so dramaticly .
Good luck with your change of direction and I look forward to your new year creations .

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Well written Sue ... I've been enjoying my blogger-holiday ... it's been refreshing, but has also let me decide what I want to be doing. I used to love making my own embellishments, rather than buying them and I want to get back to that.

I also want to get back to making cards because I love to, not because I have to. I want to put the extra wow into them, rather than finishing them 1 minute before email deadline for DT commitments. SO ....... I got a diary for Christmas and it is going to have scheduled time for creating for 'work' and for 'fun' ! Fingers crossed it helps things seem to go smoother! Good luck with your plans!

Doris said...

I always "hibernate" in January by suspending my regular schedule for the month and enjoying lots of time creating in my stamping "tower." When my card-making classes resume in Feb., I'm ready with fresh new ideas and techniques for them to try.

This year, my goal is to make more use of what I already have, but in different ways.

Lorraine said...

To be inventive with the craft goodies I have, which is quite a lot. Bring out stamps I have not used in ages and see how creative I can be. Recycle stuff to other crafty people that might find a use for it. I could go on and on but I might bore you LOL. Hugs xx