Monday 27 December 2010

Sassy Cheryl's - On The Beach

I've decided that there is one big draw back to living in Australia..........that is, that Christmas falls at the height of our Summer!  Just when we want to be in swimsuits, shorts etc. we have this feeding frenzy and after a couple of days, gain pounds that you just know will take so much longer to shed!!!

OK, has that cheered up all those putting up with thick snow and freezing temperatures????..................  I'm trying my best!!!!


Here's a little card using another of Sassy Cheryl's digital images "On The Beach". 
It's a lovely image, though these days we are most used to seeing children playing on the beach in full rash suits to guard against the sun!

Method:  
Size and print the image onto X-Press It blending card.
Copic markers coloured this image which was cut with a Spellbinder circle die.  
Fold a piece of ribbed tan card to measure 5 inches square.
Cut the Lacy scalloped circle from American Craft Card in pale lemon.
Wrap some pale lemon seam binding around this circle, adding the gold starfish charm with white linen.
Attach the coloured image with foam tape to a die cut circle of light brown American Craft Card
Using double sided tape, centre the completed image to the pale lemon card.


I hope all went well in your house on Christmas day.  That Santa got it right for everyone,  with smiles all round!  Spare a thought for those who had sad news this year and will  face a new year of uncertainty. 

Stay safe,
Photobucket

13 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! I love your use of Kraft! and that ribbon is adorable!!!! Hugs Juls

Kathy Martin said...

Too too cute! Love!

craftieodmae said...

I love your card and yes I'm just warm all over now LOL, had a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic day today, it's snowing, cold and I stayed in my PJ's all day, it's perfect but....it's back to work in the morning......

The Other Patti Sue said...

Such a sunny warm card! Would love to have the heat and sunshine right now!

redwasher1 said...

Adorable card and yes it is nice and warm!! Thanks for trying warm us all up!! LOL

Betty Benton said...

Love your card -- have to admit, I never thought about gaining those Christmas goodie pounds in the height of summer -- what a bummer!

Patti J said...

Great card, Sue! You know how much I love Kraft!!! Thanks for cheering me up - we just drove to the city to take DS to the airport, and there's about 4-5" of snow on the ground. Looks gorgeous on the trees! Thank heavens that I don't have to put on a swimsuit this week! lol... Take care!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Sweet image Sue and I love the softer tones, the ribbon and star charm look great with this layout too, nicely done!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Sue . Love the ribbon threaded through the scallops and that delightful image . Reminds me of Port Pirie beach , where as a child I spent many Summer days . Not looking for shells , mind you , but empty bottles and coins discarded in the sand . Your colour scheme is perfect.

Selma said...

Very cute card. I would love to go to the beach to get warm. I love snow for Christmas but wish that was the only day we had it. Yes, santa made it through the snow and left many fun new stamping toys to play with.

Deborah Frings said...

Sue - this is such a sweet card. I do like the image.

Thanks for the cheery weather report - it's nice to think of warm sunshine. It's pouring here and still cold. But Christmas was wonderful.

I do hope you had a great time.

Best wishes for a very Happy 2011.

Lorraine said...

Love the card Sue. Hope you had a good Christmas we certainly did, no cooking yeepee. Our weather has turned mild but the rain has come with it. Hugs xx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I'd love to be in a bathing suit for Christmas. Love it Sue!