Friday 23 April 2010

Annabelle Stamps - ABSC020 - Congratulations!!!


Good Morning all,

Friday again........ and it's time for a sketch challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps. This weeks sketch, ABSC020 comes to us from Jerusha :

Thanks Jerusha, I had some fun with this one, here's my card: Congratulations!!



I was thinking a Wedding or an Anniversary Card, it's always a good idea to have one on hand!

I've used one of the little rose images from 'Flowers With Love'. This is such a versatile little set it's hard to go past it each week. I was going to use the Happy Anniversary sentiment from the same set but decided instead on this one from Swirl Tree, so I could use the card as I mentioned above.

My card uses SU Kraft, pure white card and the dp is from Christina Re. Some machine stitching has been added too before the dry embossed strip of rosebuds. The vertical strip of Kraft was punched with a Fiskar's Upper Crest punch and also embossed with Swiss dots. I've used a Spellbinder die to cut the first oval from the Kraft, lightly sponging the edge with VersaMagic cloud white chalk ink. Next a layer of pure white which was also embossed with Swiss dots.

Now for the image, I stamped with VersaMark then embossed these roses with Annabelle embossing powder Opaque Vanilla. I was so impressed with how clean this turned out, the stems on these roses are very fine and close up they look great. More light sponging around the image then each of the ovals have been stacked using foam dots to raise them.

I've made two flower embellishments using Annabelle's Petals. White then a beige one then setting a little silver spacer with Some Annabelle Pearls......so pretty..... but you can never have enough pearls so I added one to each corner!

The sentiment was also embossed with the Opaque Vanilla and cut with a Spellbinder tag die. To complete the tag I threaded some narrow white satin ribbon and tied a tiny bow..........I have to get one of those bow ties....... it takes me an age to get a nice bow! The tag is attached to the card with some double sided tape.



So what do you think? I hope you'll play along with us this fortnight......yes you have two weeks to join the challenge and if you don't have Annabelle Stamps, that's fine too! So what are you waiting for ...... more inspiration..........click on the design team members in the left side bar.

I can't wait to see your cards.........Thanks for taking the time to drop by today it wouldn't be half as much fun without you!!!

Till next time.........

18 comments:

Juls said...

beauiful, so stylish and elegant! Love the soft colours! Hugs Juls

Fiona said...

Love your card Sue especially the little rose embossing. The colours are really elegant too.

craftieodmae said...

Sue this is absolutely gorgeous!

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely wedding card! :)

Ida said...

This is so lovely. Very elegant looking.

MicheyMoo said...

What a lovely, elegant card Sue!! I love all the elements you've used to create this, the layering, the embossing, primas......gorgeous. xxx

PS: 14 more sleeps til Certification. I'll see ya there!! Wahoo!! :)

Betty Benton said...

Very elegant and so detailed!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Stunning... so very elegant! Beautiful work my friend!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful Sue! I love those colors together!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What an elegant card, Sue! Perfect for either occasion.

Shirley-Anne said...

Simply stylishly stunning. The layering of the embossed pieces and the stitching I love. Then the layering of the image centre piece adds to the great layout . thanks for sharing .

Bev said...

Oh my! I relaly love this card Sue, it's classy, elegant and delish! x

Patti P. said...

Sue, this is one of the most beautiful cards ever! Beautiful work on this and I love the monochromatic look. Very elegant.

Selma said...

Sue this is amazing. You have taken such a small image and created such an elegant card. The colors are fantastic. I really like your little flower embossing folder. Your work is always stunning!

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful Sue!!! Love the monochromatic look and all the layers!!! Beautiful flowers, sentiment panel and love all the pearls touches!!!

Andrea said...

This is stunning Sue! I love the subdued colours, embossing and touches of pearls! Gorgeous!
Andrea
x

Brenda said...

Oh Sue your card is so elegant and wonderfully put together.

Kylie said...

Oh WOW Sue, your card is STUNNING, your colours are so beautiful together, LOVE it!

Take Care,
Hugs,
Kylie X