Thursday 15 April 2010

A Little Birdie Told me........


Morning blogger's,

I've been busy busy clearing and cleaning through my 'sewing/craft' room!! I've gone through my fabric stash and got that down to four big plastic tubs and two small ones, which is pretty good! Sorted through all kinds of paper too......who needs to keep all this stuff when you have a good Internet connection. My magazines should be next but I just can't bring myself to thin them out.....yet!
The boss is all for re-organising the layout down here too, so new cupboards and book shelves might just be the order of the day ....... I better get it right!

I did make a card last night to post today. I've used a Whiff of Joy stamp from the Birdie Love collection so this card is going into this weeks challenge #75 at the Whiff of Joy Challenge Blog. The challenge is to use yellow, green and one other colour.
I've used a layout from CPS so this will also go into their challenge #162 .

American Craft card has been used as well as dp from Kaisercraft's Lilac Avenue Collection. A Cuttlebug embossing folder 'Birds and Swirls' was used for the yellow mat and all card edges were sponged with distress ink antique linen.

The image has been stamped onto PL card in pure white with Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured with Copic Markers. A Sakura clear glitter pen was used to add some sparkle to the flowers in her hair. To complete the sketch I added the three amethyst gem brads from Kaisercraft.

Thanks for popping by today I'll be back on Friday with this weeks AnnaBelle Stamps post. You still have a week to join in on the sketch challenge, with a stash of ribbon as the prize.

Till Friday..........








16 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Sue this is beautiful! I love the embossing the dp and of course the image! Have you found any treasure you forgot you had? That's the fun of cleaning! LOL!

Betty Benton said...

Truly lovely!! Glad you used that sketch -- I had printed it out but failed to jot down where I found it!! Now I know -- thanks!

Shirley-Anne said...

That card is oozing serenity love the layout .
How exciting to have your room re-organised.
Now when you have finished your room you will be so experienced that you might like to come to my room and use that experience to give it a ' MAKE OVER '

Brenda said...

Oh Sue this is so beautiful!!!! I really like how you did the layers and your coloring is awesome!

Stampin Mindy said...

WOw, love your layout and the embossed background. Beautiful stamp and coloring! Thank you for joining us at Whiff of Joy Challenges this week!

Kerrie said...

Hey Sue, beautiful card... did you use inkadinks or copics.... great colouring .... hows your mouth... !

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the image and the way you colored her is fantastic!

Robyn said...

Hi Sue! That new crafting space sounds wonderful! That Walshie of yours must be a lovely, generous man!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the subtle colors you used! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Sue she is the sweetest!! Your layers are awesome!1 Making for the sweetest card ever!!

Rach said...

such a sweet card,
I love the layout that you have used.
hugs rachxx

Nina said...

this is such a lovely card!
sweet image + lovely design + your talent = lovely card!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card...love the softness of the colors.

Shivvy x said...

Sue this is a stunning card, I love it gorgeous.

Siobhan xxx

Bev said...

Long time no visit honey - hope you are well. Love the card, absolutely gorgeous! s

cats whiskers said...

A Truly stunning card dear, thank you for joiningus on WOJ this week.
Hugs Jacqui x