Friday 30 April 2010

AnnaBelle Stamps - Say it with....Pearls


Good Morning Blogger's,

This week on AnnaBelle Stamps we're challenging you to 'Say It With .... Pearls'. I hope you can join in with us, we love seeing your creations and although we'd love you to use one of the AnnaBelle Stamps sets, if you don't have them yet .... use what you have.

I've kept my card quite simple this week, it features a sentiment from 'Flowers For You'. I've teamed it with a couple of Spellbinder dies and some AnnaBelle Pearls. In fact three different sizes of the pearls, take a look at the corner pearls .....lush!!

I've stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Ivory card before cutting with a Labels 9 die. Whilst the card was still in the die I sponged with SU blush blossom. This sits over the Fleur De Lis pendant that I cut from some Fiskars Cloud Nine dp. The completed piece is set on point.

The base card is Ivory with a layer of American Craft Card from their Earth Tones pack.

I've used pearls under the sentiment as well as on each point of the Fleur De Lis with the largest pearls in each of the corners.

For the inside of my card I used some Lexel Papers Felt Cream letterhead. Stamped a small rose image from the same set in the top corner and coloured lightly with Copic markers. A Fiskars Apron Lace punch punched the bottom of this heavyweight paper and I added a strip of the same terracotta card as used on the front to sit beneath the scallops.

My Mum in the UK gets two Mother's Day celebrations. One for those of the family back there and one for my brother and I who celebrate the Australian Mother's Day, which is always a little later. This will be her card this year so better get it in the Post right away.

Hope you have time to join us this week, go check the AnnaBelle Design Teams cards for more inspiration.


Till next time..........

10 comments:

Betty Benton said...

This is so pretty, Sue. Outside and inside!! Lucky mom -- two celebrations!

Kerrie said...

Very pretty walshie......

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Sue! Love all of your details. Your mum will love it!

Kylie said...

Hi Sue,
Your card is so striking, stunning and beautiful all rolled into one lol!
I love how you decorated the inside of your card, so pretty!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Take Care,
Hugs,
Kylie X

Rene Sharp said...

What a classic and stylish card Sue!! Love it. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. x

Shirley-Anne said...

Beautiful card , Sue

Robyn said...

Hi Sue! Love your pretty card- the pearls are a perfect addition to this elegant image! I will try to have a go this weekend-thanks for inspiring me!

Selma said...

Very pretty Sue. The pearls add to the elegance. Your mom will love it.

The Other Patti Sue said...

So elegant! Love the rich color combo!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Lots of details but still nice and clean, I like it a lot!