Saturday 17 April 2010

Sassy Cheryl # 6 - A Sassy Boy


Hi Blogger's,

Here's the card I made for the Sassy Cheryl challenge this week # 6 I think. We were asked to use a Sassy Boy in blue's and cream!

I picked this image which Cheryl calls 'Hear Nothing Boy' and coloured it with a mixture of Copic Markers and Prisma's with Gamsol.
My base card is Navy Blue and I've used a sheet of wrapping paper for the circle patterned paper. This sits on a mat of cream card. More cream card was punched and inked around with antique linen ink. Some leather lace was tied around the punched cream and this section was attached to the card with foam tape. My coloured image is also punched along one side and this sits on some thick blue mulberry paper. To complete the card I attached the petals at the bottom with a computer generated sentiment. Quite a simple card but I was pleased with it finished, I think it's fine for a boy and plan to send it back to the UK for my Nephew who has a Birthday early next month.
Till next time blogger's............

20 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card...love the image! Design details are so cool!

Shirley-Anne said...

A robust card, great for a young man . When I saw the image the first thing that popped into my mind was ...what mischief has he been up to ?
Love the jeans and sneakers.

craftieodmae said...

First your coloring is fantastic! Love the image, and that string with the knot is awesome!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just adorable! Love that little image!

jkreucher said...

Hi Sue... what a fun card! such a sweet little guy!
thanks for playing in this weeks challenge!
Judy

Selma said...

What a fantastic card for a boy. This little guy is so cute. I really like your layout.

Tracy said...

Love what you did with your card!
Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's
Hugs
Tracy

Cathy said...

Sue, wonderful card. Great choice of images. Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week!!

CraftinGranny said...

Wow Sue, you picked a good one this time. I hadn't seen this stamp before and you've definitely done it justice. Soooooo cute!!!
"Hugs" Granny

Sassy Cheryl said...

Sue, this is an adorable card as usual. I love the picture that you took from the side and the 'cool' flower on the front is great.

Barbara said...

Sue he is just to darn cute ok im loving the boy images.

redwasher1 said...

Sue, your talent is awesome! I love the card, your coloring is super love the layout!! Well I just love the whole darn thing!!:)

Kylie said...

your card is totally cool, Sue lol!
Love your colouring, it's AWESOME lol!
Love the DSP and colours, perfect card for any young man!

Have a great week,
Take Care,
Kylie X

Christa said...

You did a great job again!!
Your coloring and LO are super!

Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!

Hugs,
Christa

Patti P. said...

Love this card Sue, your coloring is awesome as always and love your embellishments. Perfect for this image.

The Wired Angel said...

Your card is adorable and perfect for a little guy. Thanks for playing along with us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week! Hugs, Peggy

Juls said...

this is gorgeous! Love the cute image and the lacing detail! Hugs Juls

Alina said...

Very beautiful card, Sue, I love the papers and the cord! Thank you for joining us again at Sassy Cheryl's!
Hugs, Alina

Ann English said...

Oh, Sue, how cute is he--and I don't remember seeing him so think I'll have to go shopping! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Chery'ls this week-hope to see you next week, too!

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Love the colors in this card!