Hello Crafting Blogger's,
I'm so pleased you called by today as Heartfelt Creations release their new designs for July. You can see some wonderful projects made with these sets at the Heartfelt Creations Blog or if you would rather check each design team members projects simply go to the link at the top of my page.
The Botanical Garden Collection features 5 new precut stamp sets that coordinate with existing Spellbinder Rose Creations Shapeabilities and Spellbinder Foliage Shapeabilities. The Botanical Garden Collection is a great addition to every floral lover's collection of flowers.
Leave a comment on my blog or the Heartfelt Creations blog by July 19 and one lucky person will win the entire release valued at $75.00. The winner will be announced on the HC blog on July 20.
I'm sharing one of my projects today with a second one tomorrow hope you'll call by for that too!
I chose to work with the lovely 'Tropical Floral Swirls' set to decorate a little ladies desk calendar and am happy to share this project with you. I'm sharing the link I found for my calendar under the Tutorials & Such Tab at the top of my page.
7 x 5 inches finished size.
H C Products: HCPC 3409 Tropical Floral Swirls – PreCut Set
HCPC 3407 Botanical Floral 2 PreCut Set
HCD 702 Decorative Butterfly Border
Other Products: Clear 7 x 5 inch picture frame (mine came from the local $2 shop). 2012 down-loadable calendar. Coredinations dark green card. Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden dsp. Annabelle smooth white card. Memento tuxedo black ink, Memento New Sprout Ink. Copic Markers. .5 inch green silk ribbon. Pink Dew Drops. Gold bead caps. Foam mounting tape. Dries Clear adhesive and Zip Dry glue.
Print and trim the Calendar to 4.25 x 3 inches. Using Dries Clear adhesive glue across the tops making sure to keep the 12 sheets of card/paper clamped together until the glue dries.
1. Stamp the image from HCPC 3409 to smooth white card. Stamp the matching petals and some leaves from HCPC 3407.
2. Using a Spellbinder Label 10 cut and emboss the main image. Sponge around the edge with New Sprout ink. Colour with Copic markers.
3. Using the matching die cut around the individual petals. Colour with Copic markers. Shape the petals and layer them using dries clear adhesive. A gold cap set with a pink dew drop sits in the centre of each.
4. Add the completed flowers and petals to the main image along with 3 more dew drops.
5. Tie a small bow in a length of silk ribbon and tuck this under the flowers at the base of the design. Dries clear adhesive hold mine in position.
6. Cut a strip of green card to 4-6/8 x 6-7/8 and layer a piece of dsp over this making it 1/8 smaller all around.
7. Die cut 2 corner swirls from HCD 702. Adhere this to the top of the dsp leaving space for the main image to sit over. Thread a length of silk ribbon across the front securing at the back of the green card.
8. Using Foam mounting tape add the main image over the green corner swirls.
9. Adhere the calendar to the bottom of the piece. I used a mixture of dries clear adhesive and Zip Dry glue.
10 Adhere the complete page to the clear photo frame. I used Dries Clear to complete.
This little project is my entry to the Make It Monday # 45 Challenge this week.
Tomorrow I'm sharing the details of an envelope card so I hope you'll call back.