Sunday 21 June 2009

Tokens of Love......


Yesterday I managed to make 2 cards whoohoo!
It's good to have one ready I think and as I found it hard to get started I decided to make a couple of sketch challenge cards.
'Tokens of Love" is made for the Thursday Sketch at Stamp TV.  I've flipped it round for my card - hope Jessica won't mind.
I started with the pale blue craft card and some chocolate brown from Gina K. 
 On to this I have used a sheet of dp from We R Memory Keepers called White Out.  I've used these papers before they are double sided and one side has four different blocks printed on it which is great for cards.
The image which is 'Tokens of Love" from Penny Black, is stamped onto White card with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured it with coloured pencils and baby oil and then cut out using one of the Nestabilities dies. This was then mounted onto another piece of the chocolate brown card and attached to the front of the card. ( I have to thank my friend Kerrie for the loan of her gorgeous stamp, thanks Kez! ) The Sentiment is from SU.
I showed it to Walshie as I usually do when I finish a card and his reaction to it was  - its a bit modern for Christmas.....  I just thought it was more an Australian style Christmas Card.  What do you think?

Sorry forgot to add the photo!!!! I'm trying to work out how to add a slideshow!!!!!

Yeah, I did it.......... now I have a slide show for you of our Holiday snaps. Check out top left hand side column. If you want to know where abouts we are click on the photos - I've added a line to explain.

3 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

This is so cool and your colouring is wonderful Sue!! Don't know if it's more Australian - but what's wrong with modern??!!! :)

dolcreations said...

This card is so cute! I love all the different paper you used. Great job on this card!
Christine

Fiona said...

I love this card this its so cute. The backgroung is very clever.