Monday 17 August 2009

Oriental Mosaic..


Hello, Happy Monday everyone!
I hope your week end was good and you managed to get some crafting time sneaked in there somewhere. We've just had a touch of Spring with pleasant temperatures and lots of sunshine in Sydney. Not quite the 28 they predicted but very nice.

I just want to say thank you to all those who joined in on Nina's Blog Hop and left me comments on my projects. We all like to know what others think good or bad, so I'm grateful when you take the time.

I only managed to make one card over the weekend and I'm working on other today. I've been playing with another of the new sets from Gina K Designs and this one is from Melanie. When I first saw her set I wasn't quite sure how I could use it.... and then the release party showed some of Gina's Senior Designer's cards and that was me, hooked.

So my first card with Inspiration Mosaic by Melanie Muenchinger.
This set is made up of the Mosaic grid and eleven other stamps.

I just stamped the Mosaic block, which is an approx 9cm x 12cm block divided into 10 smaller shapes. I stamped onto the dp and embossed with gold. I covered two of the inner blocks with Japanese Chiyogami paper. The flower, from GKD Tropical Windows, was stamped onto PL layering weight and attached to another of the boxes with foam tape to pop it up.
The sentiment from yet another GKD set - Are we there yet? was also stamped onto PL and attached to the box with double sided tape. I mounted this completed block onto Tangerine Tango then using foam tabs attached it to my card base of Soft Sand.

Quite a simple card, I like to think of the flower as bamboo (to go along with the Oriental theme as apposed to Tropical!!!)

  • Stamps: Inspiration Mosaic by Melanie Muenchinger for GKD - Tropical Windows by GKD and Are We There Yet? by Rupa Shevde for GKD
  • Card: GKD - Soft Sand and Pure Luxury Layering Weight in pure white. SU - Tangerine Tango. DP Karen Foster Design.
  • Inks: VersaMark, Celebrations of Australia - Egyptian Gold embossing powder, Memento Tuxedo Black, Martha Stewart Bamboo and Copic Marker.
Thanks for dropping by.
Till next time......

6 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I love your embossed grid, Sue! And the papers you used are beautiful!

RosesMarijke said...

I love this card!!

greetings from Holland!

The Other Patti Sue said...

It's just beautiful!

Juls said...

beautiful sentiment and gorgeous card!

Kerrie said...

Beautiful card, you have done a smashing creation!

Kym Weber said...

Beautiful card! Love that mosiac stamp and the dp.