Saturday 16 July 2011

Hello Blogger's,
I'm so sorry I thought I had this post typed and ready to go up at 3pm.....
My last project for this week's Heartfelt Creations DT.

I've had so much fun with these beautiful Floral stamps and dies and I've tried a few different ways to use them.  I hope you'll check in next week to see three or is it four more ideas........
For today I have an altered project for you.  I've had this Pot Pourri box for some time and thought I'd give it a new look.  My box had a row of holes all around the box just beneath the lid and I've actually glued my lid in place for mailing!



Here are the details:

4.5 inch round Box.

HC Products:              HCPC 3406 Botanical Floral 1 PreCut Set
                                    HCPC 3407 Botanical Floral 2 PreCut Set
                                    HCD 702 Decorative Butterfly Border Die
                                    Spellbinder Rose Creations Die
                                    Spellbinder Parisian Motifs Die
Other Products:         Chipboard 4.6 inch Pot-Pourri round box. Jo Sonya Acrylic Paints in Burgundy and gold. Spray Mat Varnish.
White card.  Watermelon 120grm paper. Bella - Red Fusion double-sided DSP. Scraps of green card for leaves.
VersaColor Burgundy Ink. Memento Pear Tart. MS Hibiscus Ink.
Ivory and Burgundy Ribbons.  LSS Gem brad and Finding. Loopy 4.5” circle cut with the PI die cutting machine. Dries Clear Adhesive, Zip Dry Glue, Foam mounting tape.
                       
Instructions:
Paint the original box with acrylic paint and distress lightly with gold. When dry seal with a layer of spray varnish.

1.     Trim a 1.25” strip of dsp and adhere around the base of the box.
2.     Die cut the decorative loopy border from the reverse side of the dsp and adhere over the 1.24” band.
3.     Adhere a length of ivory ribbon around the rim of the lid and overlay with the burgundy ribbon finishing with a bow at the front.
4.     Die cut the 4.5” loopy circle from white card and sponge with Hibiscus ink.
5.     From the burgundy dsp die cut the Parisian Motifs circle and attach this over the sponged loopy circle with foam mounting tape.
6.     The lacy hibiscus flower is made from 5 layers of the Botanical Floral 1 set.  2 large, 2 medium and I small petal.  Stamped onto the Watermelon 120 grm paper in a mixture of Burgundy and Hibiscus ink.
7.     Using the matching dies from the Spellbinder Rose Creations cut the petals. Shape and layer using Dries Clear adhesive to secure.  Add the finding and large gem brad for the centre.
8.     Stamp three leaves from Botanical Floral 2 to green card using Pear Tart ink. Cut with the matching leaf die and shape.
9.     Adhere the completed flower to the centre of the Parisian Motif using Dries Clear adhesive adding the three leaves beneath the petals.
10. Using Dries Clear adhere the completed circle to the top of the lid to complete.



So there you go another quite easy project....... why not give a new look to something that's been sitting in a cupboard or like mine...... in an unused bedroom!

Next Wednesday I'll share some more projects made with the July release from Heartfelt Creations I hope you'll call back.  Thanks so much to all those who sent me messages and inquiries about my H C projects. I'm tickled pink that you like them and am happy to pass on as much info as possible so you can make your own.

Tuesday is AnnaBelle Stamps Blog Hop and Andrea has a prize for someone........so don't miss that.

See you later..........

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow such a pretty creation dear.

Lorraine said...

So pretty Sue. Hugs xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty Sue absolutely magnificent!