Friday 19 February 2010

Feelings of Hope






Feelings of Hope



Gina challenged the CenterStage Spotlight team to make a card with the new Hope is Faith stamp set using the photo above for inspiration. Check out Gina's blog for all the details on this special stamp set.




I've had some fun with my set already.....so I'll share three projects with you today. Two quick and easy ones and this one that takes a little longer to put together.


This is my piano hinge album, made with three sheets of 12 x 12 inch card and some barbecue sticks. Three sheets of card cut to 6 x 12 inches gives you eleven double pages to fill. I've yet to complete my album but will share when it's done.

I've used the butterfly image to decorate the front cover. Stamped in SU chocolate chip onto Pure Luxury Ivory card and coloured with Copic markers. It was cut out and attached to the dp (Basic Grey - Sugar Rush) with a foam tab. The shabby flowers were each cut from three scraps of orange card, with the Blossom Spellbinder die. Scrunched up then opened and inked around the edges of the petals. Some buttons, ribbon and gems finish the flowers and stems.
The sentiment is stamped onto the dp in chocolate chip ink, which just left the two opposite corners to decorate with three Kaisercraft gems each.

This is what it looks like open, you can see that you weave the sticks through slits cut into the spine. To hold the sticks tight I wound Dental Floss over and under each stick and just lightly glued the tied off knot. I threaded some glass beads onto the top threads.



I should give credit to Lorraine an English crafter who posted this on a blog site in the UK. I made mine from memory...... think I got it right. She also made an Art Journal which she bound beautifully...... I hope I find the site again I'd love to try one.

My second project is a card using GKD green card with an oval cut from the front. The image is stamped in SU chocolate chip onto Basic Grey dp on the inside of the card.
I've added some GKD cream flowers coloured with Copic markers and set with Kaisercraft gems. These petals curl so well around a pen, which I think makes them look more realistic. Mine sit on some light green punched fern. To complete the card I added more gems and some green organza ribbon.



For my last project I made two 'matchbook' treat holders. These are so quick and easy to make and the perfect way to give a small gift or in my case a voucher.

I stamped the butterfly in SU chocolate chip twice then cut them out. One I cut the body and the left hand wing as one, then the second one was the body with the right hand wing as one. (Hope that makes sense when you read this!!) Basically you use the same wing twice for each butterfly to get a side view of him!! The top wing is attached with some foam tape and curled very slightly. Some gold wire added to finish him off.

I added the punched strip of dp across the top fold with some green ribbon. The butterfly sits on some lighter green card cut with a Spellbinder Labels die. Three gems complete these 'matchbooks'.

So would like one of these stamp sets? check out the link to Gina's blog at the top of the page for all the details.

Thanks for stopping by today, now are you ready to see some more ?

Then, stop by these designer's participating in the hop tonight:


Have fun, till next time..........

31 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow Sue! What fabulous projects!-the butterflies look so real!` Love your shabby chic flowers-mine always turn out more "shabby" than "chic" ! Lol!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Sue! these are sooooo creative! love each one... your binder is adorable! your details are wonderful...wow! going back to look some more!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

duuhhhh! i never thought to "curl" Gina's flowers TFS and i never thought about how to make that B-fly be sideways...another duuuuhhh LOL TFS!!!
will be doing a lot of "side" butterflys now!

Lori said...

Fantastic cards Sue!!

redwasher1 said...

Sue, your cards are just fabulous!!! I love your take on it!!

Giovana said...

Beautiful projects Sue!!

AKiteFlier said...

Sue - these are just delightful! I love that piano hinge album. WOW>

joy said...

What wonderful projects! I really like the album! Your first card sings to my heart! and your third card's colors are beautiful and you are so clever to make little antenna!

Carolina said...

Such stunning project Sue!!! Love the colors and the butterfly sideways is brilliant! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

craftieodmae said...

WOW! I love them both! Fantastic

Juls said...

wow such beautiful creations!! Just Love them! Hugs Juls

dee marie said...

Sue - your projects are all so creative :) I just love the album with your paper and ribbon flowers, and the matchbook treat holders are just lovely!

Sharri said...

Sue, Beautiful projects! I love the album and the butterflies on the matchbook treat holders!

Selma said...

Wow Sue, these are all fantastic. I really like the album. The flowers on the second one are beautiful and how clever to create the butterfly by cutting out a second wing. LOVE your projects (as usual).

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Sue- absolutely fabulous! All of them!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Sue... these are amazing! Your butterfly pops right off of each project... looks alive!

Carla S. said...

Fantastic projects, Sue!
Super creative designs! Love the colors and details on each one!

Tina said...

WONDERFUL Sue!!! LOVE them all!!

JenMarie said...

These are FABulous!!

Melissa said...

Awesome job Sue! I love your piano hinge bood!

Cheri said...

Sue, your cards are absolutely spectacular! I love the piano hinge card - how creative.

Diana Q said...

Wow Sue...these are great projects and so beautiful! I especially like the more closed butterfly on the last one He's so pretty! Thanks for the great tutorial as well! ;D Diana

Janice M said...

Great cards Sue!! Love the flowers in the first one!!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!!! Great projects.

DebbieM said...

Very gorgeous!

Greetings, Debbie Meijer :)

Betty Neville said...

Beautiful projects Sue! Love your colors and your layouts!

CathyC said...

Beautiful work!
Hi Sue
I have an award for you over on my blog - thanks for your support!

Brenda said...

Fabulous projects!!! Love all the wonderful details you put into them.

Kerrie said...

Hey Walshie, your projects love fantastic, albums great, and the butterflies.

Kathy Jones said...

These are all gorgeous Sue!!! What a beautiful trio!!! I love each of them - such beautiful colours and butterflies!!!

Nina said...

Sue these are just gorgeous!