Monday 1 February 2010

Magical Monday



Hello Blogger's,

Two projects to post today - first

Magical Monday with TMITA/PCC has rolled around again and this week Nina is sharing this beautiful bear.....I just love the expressions Nina gives all her images.

I got to choose the challenge this week and asked that you use the image for a Valentine gift tag with some stitching included somewhere. It could be hand or machine stitching or even faux stitching drawn on your project.

Here's my tag:

I got the Pazzle out to have a play and designed this shaped tag from scratch, (can't tell you how pleased I was). It's cut twice from some red card.
The layer of dp is stitched all around with just some punched lace at the bottom. My stitched ribbon covers the join and I added the silver heart charm to finish off this section.
The bear was sized and printed onto Pure Luxury pure white card and cut using a Spellbinder Classic Oval die. I lightly coloured the rim of the oval.
The scalloped oval was cut from the same red card as the tag.
My bear is coloured with Copics and I used a Spellbinder heart die to cut the raised heart.
The sentiment was hand written.
I've attached some Mulberry paper roses and punched some fern to sit under these. Some heart embellishments are tucked into the spray and one heart gem was added to finish the front.
Once this was completed I attached the second tag to the back to cover the stitching.


Hope you're not put off making this tag - remember it could always be the centrepiece of a card!

If you play along with us this week and are the randomly picked winner this is what you could win............... Just in time for all those Valentine projects.


I'm really looking forward to seeing your projects this week .

I'm entering my tag in the following challenges:


The second card is for Andrea's CAS sketch challenge SS300110 as well as a couple of other challenges in blogland this week.
For those who don't know Andrea she is Annabella Stamps an Australian Company from Melbourne. Those of you who visit regularly will have seen some of my cards in both Andreas blog CAS challenge and the Annabelle Stamp Bling Sketch challenge. You should come and join in the fun. You can use any stamps, though naturally Andrea would love it if you tried some of hers!! I have they're some of the best clear stamps I've used. Enough rambling from me........... Here's my card:
I sat down after the Men's final tennis match last night and made this card and I'm really pleased with it. Soft and pretty........ I'll admit there's SU stamp (Sassy Stems) SU paper too!
I coloured the flowers and vase with Copic markers the dp is from my box of scraps (sorry).
Base card is GKD Pure Luxury in pure white. I added 3 Kaisercraft pink gems and a button from my stash, which has a length of soft pink ribbon threaded though the buttonholes and tied in a bow.
You might just see that I added a row of punched out daisies on the inside of this card - I am trying to decorate a bit more than the front of my cards this year!

Hope you will join in with Andrea's challenge, she has very kindly added 2 lots of yummy candy for two randomly picked winners. I've given you the links above and for Annabella Stamps, click here to check out all the stamps, bling etc that Andrea has available.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

Andrea's Stamping Moments - SS300110 sketch
Cute card Thursday - Blooming gorgeous

Thanks for dropping by ............Till next time..........

Edit: I meant to thank Mary Anne, Carol and Diana for awarding me with the 101 award. I'm grateful that you thought of me and I have passed this award on in a previous post.

24 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Kerrie said...

Your tag is really cute ... I will have to get mums sewing machine, don't want to ruin the rolls royce now!

craftieodmae said...

WOWZERS! I love your tag! Card is gorgeous too! I forgot about that set of stamps, I'll have to dig it out.

Juls said...

love your little tag!! Just too cute! Hugs Juls

The Other Patti Sue said...

I love,love,love your tag! The shape is awesome and your coloring is to the nines! Love the flowers and the hearts, so cute. You 2nd card is so feminine,soft and delicate!

Selma said...

Great challenge this week Sue. I don't normally make tags and this was very fun. I love your tag with the added charm and the pretty flowers. Your second card is very sweet too.

Nilla said...

Charming little bear looking up, like that effect! Gorgeous tag, Sue! Hugs Nilla

Patti J said...

Hi Sue! What a gorgeous tag! You are amazing! Love your sewing, and girl, you have so many beautiful little details to look at! I keep going back for another look! When you first posted your challenge, it scared me a bit! But it was SO different, and a lot of fun!!! Great job, dear friend!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your challenge this week at TMITA and your tag is great. Wish I were able to participate but unable to do so....but mentally made a tag...

Theresa's Studio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

Fabulous tag Sue! I love the shape you used and your bear is coloured beautifully! Loving all your added detail too! Thanks for a great challenge this week!
Hugs, Danielle

Andrea said...

Hi Sue,
Love your tag and card, they're simply gorgeous! Thanks for coming and playing along with me this week :)
Andrea

Denimo said...

Awwwww... Sue your little teddy gift tag card is fabulous! Love the image and all the goodies you've used to make it special.
Thanks for joining in our Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge!!
Hugs, Denise

Mel X said...

Hi Sue, what wonderful creations. The tag however is my favourite too. LOVE the colour combi and all the elements! FAB!!

Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

Mel X

Deb said...

such a gorgeous card and tag, love those flowers, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Juanita said...

Aww, what an adorable Teddy Bear on your tag. Loving all the embellishments you used, thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Jose said...

Just love the teddy tag :)... the card is so delicate - love it too
Jose x

Crystal said...

AWWW your teddy tag is sooo sweet and so is your card!!! Fabulous projects!

Helen said...

Your tag is fabulous - I love the cute bear!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Curt in Indy said...

You are so very talented! That tag is so luxurious looking. It almost has an antique look to it which makes it so endearing. Your card is so soft and sweet. I love the colors and your coloring on this one! Best, Curt

Toni said...

Love your tag and the fact that it is a different shape. So cute. Toni

Doris said...

How brave to move so far away from your home. Australia looks beautiful, and so do your cards!

Payne Holler Cards said...

it was a great challenge - I am so late in getting over here to tell you! love your tag, so elegant! and your card is just so soft and delicate...love your work!

Chris said...

Oh these are beautiful! I have to say I'm in love with the teddy tag and your colouring and designs are wonderful. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this time. Chris :)