Thursday 4 February 2010

Take an empty teabag box..........



Hello,
Wanted to share with you today a project I made using an empty box of Tea Bags!!!!

The latest STV kit is called Organize it! it's full of word and shape stamps for notebooks, index boxes etc. As soon as I got mine I went to the bin I keep all those things I find that might just be useful!!!!! Do you have one of those?
I had kept an empty Teabag box that had a flip top lid, because it was quite rigid..... to good to throw away! Out it came and this is how it ended up:



Here it is open:

Two things I have to tell you.......
1. I have now covered the inside edges of the lid.......I took this picture then realised it looked half finished so covered it.
2. More so on the first picture but the stamped 'CARDS' tag looks like a smudged stamp and it's not it's something to do with the cropping down of this picture.....sorry.

You will notice I made a couple of inserts for my box for Male and Female cards ( sadly I only had stamps for Boy and Girl........la di dah).

I covered my box by opening it flat then with some SU card in my favourite colour combo covered the box tracing and cutting the lid sides by hand. The ribbon was added before gluing the sides back together, just to keep it tidy.



The inserts are two pieces of American Craft card in Caramel with the tabs, also doubled, set between them. I plan to type all the birthday's onto some heavyweight paper and attached this to the front of the dividers. This way as I make the cards I can tick of the name so I'll keep on track.....hopefully!

Now I know GK has made something similar on STV so you're sure to find a tutorial over there. I had mine started before this so made it up as I went along.
I wasn't too sure about this project .......... until a friend saw it sitting at the back of my desk and asked if she could have one.... that was it, I had to finish it off and post it here. So.... on to the next one.

Till next time..........






13 comments:

Patti J said...

What a great idea! I love your box, and those colors are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea with us!

Juls said...

such a fab idea!! Love it!!

Betty Benton said...

Great box! Beautiful papers you used!

Jose said...

Gorgeous! wonderful idea, love the colours too. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Fiona said...

Great idea Sue. It looks great and very useful too

Robyn said...

Hi Sue! Love your box so much! I have to really hide "those things that might be useful one day" or else they mysteriously escape into the garbage bin! (with a bit of help from my DH!)

craftieodmae said...

WOW! you did good! now you got me thnking what kind of box i have tht I could cover LOL

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so cool Sue!You have really inspired me!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great box and great use of a saved object! I too save all sorts of things....My DH accuses me of never throwing anything away.

Diana Queen said...

Sue...this is a fabulous project! Very nice step by step instruction too! I sooo need to do something like this...I've been late on 2 birthdays and the year has just begun! ;D Diana

Curt in Indy said...

Seriously, this is outstanding! I love how you recycled this. I thought that the inside of the lid looked fine, but your finishing it just makes it perfect. I love the paper you used for this! Amazing job! Best, Curt

Payne Holler Cards said...

another pack rat! a girl after my own heart!! love this box - your dp is just perfect!

CraftieConnie said...

Great work, Sue! Love the color and pattern combos!