Wanted to share with you today a project I made using an empty box of Tea Bags!!!!
The latest STV kit is called Organize it! it's full of word and shape stamps for notebooks, index boxes etc. As soon as I got mine I went to the bin I keep all those things I find that might just be useful!!!!! Do you have one of those?
I had kept an empty Teabag box that had a flip top lid, because it was quite rigid..... to good to throw away! Out it came and this is how it ended up:
Here it is open:
1. I have now covered the inside edges of the lid.......I took this picture then realised it looked half finished so covered it.
2. More so on the first picture but the stamped 'CARDS' tag looks like a smudged stamp and it's not it's something to do with the cropping down of this picture.....sorry.
You will notice I made a couple of inserts for my box for Male and Female cards ( sadly I only had stamps for Boy and Girl........la di dah).
I covered my box by opening it flat then with some SU card in my favourite colour combo covered the box tracing and cutting the lid sides by hand. The ribbon was added before gluing the sides back together, just to keep it tidy.
The inserts are two pieces of American Craft card in Caramel with the tabs, also doubled, set between them. I plan to type all the birthday's onto some heavyweight paper and attached this to the front of the dividers. This way as I make the cards I can tick of the name so I'll keep on track.....hopefully!
Now I know GK has made something similar on STV so you're sure to find a tutorial over there. I had mine started before this so made it up as I went along.
I wasn't too sure about this project .......... until a friend saw it sitting at the back of my desk and asked if she could have one.... that was it, I had to finish it off and post it here. So.... on to the next one.
Till next time..........