Sunday 15 November 2009

Cupcake Craft Challenge 65....Snow Much Fun




Hello Blogging friends,

Today's card is another Christmas card. This week's challenge no 65 over at Cupcake Craft Challenge isSnow Much Fun so I've used this lovely stamp from Carolyn King.

Infact my card uses three stamp sets, one for the Snowman, another for the button sentiment and the third is the sheet music! I'll list them all below.

I stamped the snowman and cut him out with a Nestibility die, sponged around the die with a soft grey before colouring him with Copic markers. A scalloped circle in SU baja breeze was used for the mat. The heart was stamped again, cut out and coloured before stamping 'love' with the aid of a stamp-a-ma-jig.

The button sentiment is made up of two die cut circles with the sentiment stamped on the inner, white one. I also added some doodling in red. The baja breeze outer circle has been pierced to match the larger scalloped circle. In the middle I added a blue button tied with some DMC embroidery thread.

The base card is SU sahara sand with a layer of baja breeze followed by the spotted dp Cloud 9Design - Finley's Estate. I rounded the bottom corners of all three layers. At the top I've used my Fiskars punch to punch plain red and a scrap of some dp from My Minds Eye called Bohemia. I wrapped the red ribbon around this element and tied a small bow.
The sheet music was stamped in baja breeze ink onto plain white card and added before the snowman and finally the sentiment which was added with foam tape to pop it up.


Stamps: Warm Winter Wishes Carolyn King for GKD, Special Delivery by Tami Mayberry for GKD and Grace Taylor Clear stamp Backgrounds

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Baja Breeze, Copic Markers

Card: Plain White card, SU Baja Breeze, Plain red Bazzill, DP My Minds Eye, Cloud 9Design

Embellishments: Red Gross Grain Ribbon, Button.


4 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Cuuuuuuuute! Love the 3 sets together! Your shading is perfect!

Kerrie said...

Ok my goodness... he is jut to die for.

Caryn said...

Fabulous card Sue, thanks for sharing it at CCC this week.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Kym Weber said...

Ohhh, so pretty! Love the added touches - sheet music behind the snowman, button, die-cuts, punches and fabulous bow! Awesome job!