Monday 9 November 2009

May Your Cup Overflow........


Good Morning Blogger's

I was up early this morning, after a busy week-end I was determined to get a couple of cards ready.
Now I might be a bit late for this challenge! never mind I loved the image and wanted to colour it. It's There's Magic In The Air and as you know Nina supplies a digital image for everyone to play with. This week's image is another beauty..... ready for Thanksgiving which we don't celebrate. I think this image is versatile though.... it could be a Harvest card. I added my own sentiment and plan on using this card for a friends Birthday.
The other good news is, and I'm sure lots of you know this already, Selma is now a member of Nina's Design Team! How good is that, her cards are always beautifully constructed I can't wait to see her cards for TMITA in the coming weeks.

OK so my card is quite simple I've started with plain white card layered with some My Mind's Eye - Day Dream Bubblegum Girl.
Coloured the image with Copics once it was sized and printed, that is!
Used a Nesti square die to cut it, then punched either side of the image with my SU Horizontal slot punch.
Threaded the ribbon through the slots and tied off to the side of the card. I added a red button with some string tied in a small bow.
The sentiment is computer generated and printed onto green American Crafts Card. The four corners were punched out before attaching to the card with foam tabs.

Thanks for dropping by I'll post this quickly you never know I might just make it!!!

Till next time.......

7 comments:

Nina said...

Sue, beautiful card and I am so glad you could find a reason to color and use this image not celebrating Thanksgiving! I love the pp you chose and the ribbon and button fall right into the fun paper and goes so nicely with the image as well. And I truly love the hemp through the button! Just a wonderful card and you just made it under the wire! :O) I was running late this evening as I have not been feeling well! :O) Lucky us! Thanks for playing along with us over at TMITA's challenge!

Selma said...

Hi Sue. As usual, your card is so gorgeous. I really like how you attached the ribbon around the card. Your coloring is very pretty and matches your designer paper so perfect. I am sure your friend will love this card. I just read what Nina said and you got it in under the wire. I am so happy you played along this week on the TMITA challenge.

Robyn said...

Love your ribbon treatment Sue! Gone into my faves file for another day!

craftieodmae said...

another gorgeous card you've come up with!!

CraftieConnie said...

Very pretty, and love your coloring!

Kathy Jones said...

Fabulous colouring Sue and the papers you've chose are perfect with that image!! Love the button and ribbon treatment too!

Curt in Indy said...

Your color scheme on this is perfect! Such beautiful Fall colors and again, the coloring is so beautiful! Great job with this image! Best, Curt