Monday 2 November 2009

I hope you dance - Michelle Perkett

Hello,

How was your weekend?
Walshie and I had a great time, eventually...... not to bore you with the details... but 'the boss' wouldn't hear of booking accommodation prior to leaving home as 'there's plenty of places to stay'. We set of at 6am and then when we got close to Port Macquarie (which was the venue for the lunch party and where we planned to stay) HE ...... decided to drive on to his favourite beach at South West Rocks (an hour and a bit up the road) to take a look. Oh and we'll have brunch here too!!!
We eventually got to Port Maquarie and started trying to book in around 1pm. After hearing three times 'sorry no available rooms this weekend'. I asked what was going on in town, to be told they were hosting a half marathon with a couple of thousand extra visitors staying over for the weekend!!!!!
We eventually found a cabin on a tennis complex. Someone had booked then hadn't shown up ... thankfully.
All was forgiven by Sunday morning....had a walk along the beach before joining the party. The lunch was great. We caught up with friends we hadn't seen in a while talked, laughed and ate and some of us had a few glasses of wine until early evening, got back to the tennis complex and slept like a baby!!!!





Thought I would post this card that I made on Friday for a Michelle Perkett sketch challenge (no2) over at PCP.
The image is one of Michelle's digital images and once I'd sized and printed it I decided to change it ever so slightly.... I hope Michelle didn't mind but I thought some tulle lace gathered into a tutu would add some extra dimension to her beautiful drawing.
Before adding the tutu I coloured the Fairy using Copic markers and for her wings and crown I added some Martha Stewart glitter.
The dp is from Basic Grey Bittersweet paper pad, one side of which was punched with a Fiskars border punch. I also added some hot pink rice tissue, the edge of this was also punched with the second new Fiskars punch.
Two hot pink pearls were added to complete the sketch.

Tomorrow I have to get my stamps out and make a card for a Gina K Blog Hop due to post on the 4th November.....5th Aussie time and for those of you 'non Aussies' Tomorrow in Australia we all stop for a Horse Race........The Melbourne Cup will be run tomorrow early afternoon. It's a huge day, there will be special lunches everywhere around the Country. Melbourne takes a day off, just about every office in Sydney will hold a party of some description. People bet a small fortune either at the TAB's (Betting Offices) or on office sweepstakes. Down in Melbourne the dress shops will have been busy as the girls go all out with outfits hats and fascinators will be everywhere!!! It's just a great day.
I'll be watching with everyone else for sure...... Walshie's promised to get me a horse in his office sweepstakes so I'll let you know if I'm lucky.....................
so till next time............

8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is beautiful! Glad to hear you had a great weekend. sounds like more fun on the way!

Juls said...

wow!! Just so beautiful!! I love how you have created a skirt with the lace!!

Selma said...

This is so pretty Sue. I love the addition of the tulle lace for dimension. Glad you were able to find a place to stay and enjoyed your weekend. I didn't realize horse racing was so popular down there. I went to the Del Mar races once and had so much fun.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Her sweet little lacy skirt is soooo adorable!

Kerrie said...

Cute card, great idea with the lace.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful card Sue! Love how you did the tutu! Glad you had a great weekend!

CraftieConnie said...

How pretty is this ballerina! Love how you put this all together! Am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I can see you galloping on the shore with a beautiful stallion! LOL!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

I'm coming to this late, but what a lovely card! I love what you did with the tutu. ;-)