Wednesday 22 April 2009





Its a lovely sunny day here today, I'm posting this quickly so I can get outside with the broom! I'm really excited as yesterday I ordered a Cuttlebug die cutter. I've been making a wishlist of dies and embossing folders, what fun. I'll start slowly not my usual "boots and all", I think the Swiss Dots E F is a must have and I need to choose perhaps one more for a start. A small curly flower shape die and then on to the really serious stuff like "Nesties" Oohh can't wait.
Now onto a couple of cards - the first one is a quickish card for my Brother-in-Laws Birthday (I think I'm safe posting this, he's unlikely to see it here!!). I had this cool circle paper from Bella "boyz 2 men" which I really like so played with the circle punch's I own (all three of them!). Added a small amount of ribbon (it's OK no bow), then just punched out the sentiment which was fixed to the page on a SU scolloped circle with foam tape. Hey presto easy as! I think there's enough red in it for my Liverpool Supporter Brother-In-Law!

This second card, sorry I realise there is a lot of shadow on this photo, is also a simple card. I stamped white card stock with a small SU stamp then layered my stamped image on 2 pieces of card the base one being black as I was using a stick on number "3". I left enough space on the black card to add the "computer printed sentiment" (as I also wanted Alexa's name on the card). Added the corner embellishments. Next job was to wrap some pink and purple foil thread around the DP, then I stuck on my "3" with a thin ribbon tied to it. I plan to make a little gift bag to go with this card for Alexa's Birthday next month so will post that as and when!

OK so now a big cloud has appeared so the broom is probably safe in the garage for a while. I'm off to check out Stamp TV!............

1 comment:

NinaB said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I did my signature myself. It's simpler than you think. I'd help you make one for your blog, if you'd like.