Thursday 19 May 2011

Design Divas OBG Blog Hop



Yeah.... you made it 'down under' I know it's a long way to Sydney but I'm pleased you came.  I'll be tucked up in bed when this hop starts so please ....keep the noise down!

I'm joining in with the Design Divas Blog Hop today.  We all belong to a private group on Facebook with some of the members from the original group that started over on SCS.  Every month the Divas show cards made with older products hence Oldies But Goodies (OBG).

Today's Blog Hop started with Cindy. If you arrived here from  Shelly's blog you're on track. When you leave me you step back across the water to the very talented Sharri's blog........I'm tired just thinking about it, but can't wait to see all the projects.

Here's my card today:





I've used a favourite Waltzingmouse set 'Victorian Frippery' for my card.  This set was released July 2010 so not that old :).  I've teamed it with Websters Pages dsp, just enough left for my card ...phew.  A strip of M S punched garden trellis in Vanilla card stock.  Organza ribbon, a hand rolled felt rose. The felt goes back to the days I used to embroider :). Finishing off with a Spellbinders die cut butterfly, dressed to the nines in gold glitter.  Oh did I say the ink is SU peach parfait.  

Thanks for taking the time to drop by, on with the Hop........
Photobucket

13 comments:

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Sue, this is just so lovely. I love the softness of the colors and the organza ribbon. Everything compliments the sentiment panel perfectly.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Just love those Waltzing Mouse images. Lovely card. I really like your glittery butterbug.

Dru said...

Lovely card Sue - I love the understated beauty and your glittery butterfly is the perfect touch...

Linda Anderson said...

How gorgeous!!! Love your sparkly butterfly!! Simply perfect!!!

Linda

Lorraine said...

Lovely card Sue. The die you were asking about is a Marianne design.

Barbara said...

This is so lovely! Beautiful color choice and embellies!

Maria Matter said...

oh this is so beautiful Sue!!!
love the glittery butterfly in gold, perfect touch!
hugs & blessings!

Mary G. said...

SO pretty! I love your bow and that butterfly!!!

Cindy said...

Very pretty, Sue!! I love the ribbon and the die cut!! Such a pretty butterfly too!! Wonderful!!

Sharri said...

Sue, this is just gorgeous! I love the soft colors, the beautiful butterfly and bow! I hope you are doing well my friend!

Vicki said...

OH SUE...oh, I mean....oh, sue(whispering). Such a beautiful card! Perfect papers and accents! It is certainly worth the trip to "hop" down under and be inspired! Blessings to you!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Sue
This is GORGEOUS!!!
I love the glitter coated butterfly, soft papers and the lattice lacey border. Beautiful work, as always.
Happy I was able to be a part of the hop this month with you all.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Heather

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a wonderful card- love the sentiment image and the glittery butterfly is awesome! You blog is full of beautiful cards!