Sunday 22 May 2011

Heartfelt Creations - Soulful Hydrangea

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNIE!!!!!


Hello..... Yes one of the Roses is celebrating a Birthday over in Canada so Connie have a very special day!!!!

Also before I launch into my card just want to draw your attention to this link!!!!

Now, sorry I did say I would post this card on Saturday but I just had to get my Waltzingmouse project up for the Birthday girl!!!!  Thanks for all the lovely comments you left me I'm glad you liked the little 'Tea Baggie" it was such a fun little project to put together.  So here we are Sunday ...........




This is  my last Heartfelt Creations card for this week and it's gone into my favourites .......I think it's the colour Pink and Brown with those sweet popped up petals yum!  All the pink gems sparkle IRL which adds so much to this card. Do you like the script dsp? I love it.  OK enough chat here are the details:

HC Products:              HCPC 3301 Hydrangea/Posy Branch PreCut Set.
                                    HCPC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers PreCut Set.
                                    HCD 701 Posy Patch Die.
                                    Art Glitter Adhesive, Zip Dry paper glue.
Other Products:        
Brown pearlized card, RomanPrint pink ribbed and ivory card. DSP – Soul Food by Melody Ross. SU chocolate chip ink. Copic markers.  Kaisercraft pink gems, Martha Stewart seam binding, Bo Bunny –brad. Single hole punch.
Sewing machine and thread, Cuttlebug, Vintage corner die, ScorPal. Foam tape.

Instructions:
Trim, score and fold brown pearlized card to give a 6x5.5 top fold card.
Trim the pink ribbed card to 1/8” smaller.
Cut a 5” circle from dsp (I used a round box lid to draw the circle then cut by hand). Cut one side straight and position over pink card. Zigzag stitch around the circle of dsp.
Die cut two vintage corners from a scrap of pearlized card and adhere to pink card with Art Glitter adhesive.
Using chocolate chip ink stamp to Ivory card; branch, 7 tiny petals and 5 larger ones using the matching dies cut the12 petals ready to layer over the main image.
Colour all the petals and branch with Copic markers. Trim the main image into a label shape and punch two holes at the shaped end.  Shape the die cut petals and add them to the main image with the AG adhesive.  Add a pink gem to the centre of each petal and scatter a few smaller ones.
Thread scrunched brown seam binding through the punched holes and tie two bows.  Add the brad to the centre of the bow. Using foam tape add the stamped image to the circle of dsp. The completed card front is adhered to the card base with Zip Dry glue to complete.



Thanks for calling by this week, I hope you're  all enjoying a peaceful week end.
See you soon...........


Photobucket

10 comments:

Sudha said...

Wow its so pretty.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Very pretty card!!!

craftieodmae said...

wow Sue, this is beautiful!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just adored this when I saw over at HFC. It is a masterpiece!

Patti J said...

Sue, this is gorgeous! I love the printed circle, and adding a rectangle over it is wonderful! Great card, my friend!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Sue .Hope you and yours are well . Love this script paper and pink and brown combo .

Karolina Bajek said...

wow, amazing job!!! I love it :)

CraftinGranny said...

One of my favorites too Sue, gorgeous creation. A very happy birthday to your friend in Canada. She is going to love this card! "Hugs" Carol

redwasher1 said...

Such a beautiful card and coloring on the flowers are awesome!!

Angelica Turner said...

Beautifully done, love the design.