Wednesday 21 March 2012

Cotton Reel........is it?


Hi Blogger's,

So... now to share my little project with you....... As I was saying a few days back.....I spend my sleepless hours flicking through Pinterest.  There's always so much to see. There are a few issues flying around about the site and I admit it worries me a little how these sites might use the library of information we collect later on!  Anyhow, a  lady found and pinned a project made with the cardboard  centre of a  toilet roll.  As a sewer I loved it and had to have a play...............



I've used stamps and Kraft from AnnaBelle Stamps to add interest to my cotton reel. 
Some die cut roses, Spellbinders of course!  Lace and hand dyed seam binding.  


The flourish is from Die-namics and I punched some leaves using a punch bunch branch. 
A few pearls also ABS and some small roses that have been in my stash for a while from www.enthaily.com.    Hope you noticed I even managed some sponging!!!!!


If like me you enjoy sewing as well as card making why not have a go.....I think this might look good on display.....perhaps amongst some old wooden cotton reels!


Thanks for calling past today......see you soon.......



Photobucket

16 comments:

Selma said...

Oh my gosh Sue. This is such a fabulous project. It is gorgeous! Wow!

Susan Hogan said...

What a pretty display. Love your roses as always and yes I noticed your delicious sponging! Very clever.

Susan Hogan said...

Forgot to add - my small grandson made me a pair of magic protective cuffs with toilet rolls,so the dragons and things don't get me! All decorated they were too! Still here so they must have worked!

Lorraine's blog said...

Great project Sue it looks so elegant who would have guessed what it was. Hugs xx

Victoria said...

What a clever idea! This is so pretty. I love how the roses and leaves are climbing up the reel, and the sponging is great!

Andrea said...

Sue this is simply incredible! Absolutely love it!! All the detail and work you've put in to it..the roses are amazing and your sponging...perfect!!

craftieodmae said...

this is jaw dropping gorgeous!!!! You did an amazing job, TFS!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

this is quite clever and just so darn pretty!

Shirley-Anne said...

what a wonderful table centre piece this would be .It is beautiful .

Beverley said...

This is simply beautiful Sue. Thank you for sharing your creativity. Hugs Bev x

Rosmarie said...

What a beautiful and brilliant idea. Seen like that, I can't imagine what it was!
It is decorated with great taste, and it's really pretty.

Sincerely Daen'Ys

lostinpaper said...

This is sooo beautiful Sue! Love how you have created that vintage feel with the stamping, colours & pretty flowers!

Kylie said...

STUNNING!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Aren't you the clever one! This is amazing! Love how you used the background stamp!

Sue said...

I will never look at a toilet roll the same way again Sue!! this is magnificent, how clever! the colours are superb! :)

Lyn S said...

Wow, what a gorgeous project Sue! Who would've thought a toilet roll could look so pretty!