Saturday 10 March 2012

Scrapbook Boutique - March Blog Hop & Inspirational Challenge.



Hello Blogger's,

Today I'm joining the girls from Scrapbook Boutique with our March Blog Hop and Inspirational Challenge.  Hope you can join us! 

The Hop starts and ends at the Scrapbook Boutique Blog.  If you're following along you should have arrived from Sue K's  blog and when you leave me you hop over to Therese's Blog.

The hop is open for one week, closing at midday Saturday 17th March. 
To be eligible to win the prize, leave a comment on each of the blogs, with the SB blog being the last one.  The random winner will be drawn from the  SB blog and announced on Sunday18th.

Unfortunately the blog hop prize (and the inspiration challenge) are only open to anyone with an Australian mailing address.

The Blog Hop prize this month is  La La Land Crafts Marci with Rose


How cute is she??



Why not play along with our regular monthly inspirational challenge.
   Make a project using the following picture as your inspiration and incluse at least one handmade flower. You could be the winner of a $30 gift voucher for Scrapbook Boutique.
(Link your project on the SB Blog before 31/3/12)





For my card this month I chose a mixture of stamps and dies to create a layered card.





Sorry  this is not the best photo.  I used a new 50mm prime lens on my camera for this shot and to be honest I'm not that thrilled .....see the green tinge on the  right!  Need to work out what causes this!

Here's how for those who like to know with the links to products used below.  Thanks for calling past .........On with the Hop!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1.  Stamp the mug from Heartfelt Creations 'Tea With Bella' set to X-Press It blending card using Memento tuxedo black. Stamp the sentiment in the same way only mask the words 'our' and 'TEA'.
2. Using a large Spellbinders circle die cut the image. Cut the sentiment using a Petite Oval large oval die.
3. Colour the image with Copic markers and add some Star Dust Stickles around the edge of both die cut shapes.
4.  Trim, score and fold blue core'dinations card to make a 5 inch square card. 
5.  Trim Navy core'dinations to 4.75" square.
6.  Add  some navy check dp (mine is from Nikki Sivils 'Blueberry Hill'). Add a strip of green/blue floral dp that has been punched on both edges using a Fiskars Upper Crest punch (or similar).
7. Cut the Cheery Lyn Designs Italian Flourish doily from smooth white card and adhere to card front.
8. Wrap white seam binding over the edge of the navy check, securing at the back. Tie a bow at the base of the card with more seam binding.
9.  Add the stamped image to card front using Zip Dry glue.  Pop the sentiment up, above the bow using Scrapbook Adhesive 3d foam squares.
10.Die cut a 3 petal rose from smooth white card using Spellbinders Rose Creations. Run a blue Copic around the edge of each petal. Shape the petals and adhere the three layers adding a pear to the centre.
11.Using Dries Clear adhesive add the rose above the ribbon bow.
12. Add two more pearls to the top right corner and adhere the completed card front to the card base with Zip Dry glue.

Photobucket

23 comments:

Angela said...

Its a gorgeous card Sue and never mind about the green tinge..... at least it goes with the challenge! lol

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful card Sue! A perfect take on the inspiration, love the doily background and how gorgeous is the blue rose!

rawie said...

A beautiful card, I also love the doily background

Dawn J said...

Love the doily, finishes the card off beautifully!!!

Diana said...

I love your card. Love the look of the cup.

Carolyn said...

A lovely card well done

Unknown said...

Lovely card and love the sentiment...that is special in itself...cuppa time! luv annie

Helen T said...

Hi Sue, Gorgeous card with two of my favourite elements! Doilies and china (stamp)!

Elaine coustley said...

your card is just so lovely. I do like the cup&saucer .

The Other Patti Sue said...

Beautiful card and awesome sentiment!

Narelle said...

Gorgeous Sue! So perfect for the inspiration pic!
Keep persevering with your camera- google the issue and you are bound to find some helpful (and not so helpful!) answers!
Thanks for my gorgeous birthday card too!

Selma said...

I love this card Sue. The doily is the perfect background for this beautiful card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You nailed this one, Sue! Gorgeous!

Cards by Sharyn said...

This is beautiful. You have used 2 on my most favourite elelments, blue roses and teacups.

Susan Hogan said...

Another lovely piece - such great masking! I just read Narelle's suggestion re googling for camera problems and a light bulb went off in my head -duh, why am I so slow! I will be trying to find out why my camera won't do what I think it should as well! I am sure I will find out that the person pushing the buttons was the problem for me!!

Ultimate Whirligig said...

I love the doily, it is unusual, but suits your card perfectly.

Lyn S said...

Gorgeous card Sue, really suits the theme! Love the doily with your image, it's very old English afternoon high tea!

Linda L said...

Ooops how remiss of me to not have dropped by sooner Sue - I do apologise! Love that sweet doily die cut you've used - a beautifully layered card.

Lorraine said...

Love the card Sue. I have joined your stamp group. Hugs xx

Sue said...

So sweet Sue, loving the doily die peeking out from behind and the flower is superbly coloured! :)

Karen M said...

I love the teacup and doily, such a beautiful card, hugs x x

Marion said...

Love the colour scheme Sue! Awesome!

Unknown said...

I love the stamp That is just gorgeous! TFS