Thursday 11 April 2013

A share, a show and a sore back.



Hello,

The last couple of days have been spent getting ready for the Wauchope Quilters show.  The event is staged every second year so this is my first.   It sure takes some organising, with every quilt entered being allocated a hanging spot, so measurements are important and need to be accurate :).  These ladies are amazing and very well organised!

Then there are the blocks for a themed challenge, all labeled and displayed to give people a chance to vote on their favourite!  All this before the catering, which by all accounts makes a handsome profit. Everyone is asked to bake a cake or slice, though if baking is not your 'thing' a loaf made into sandwiches is also acceptable.  On show days these are divided up into mixed plates and visitors have a lovely area where they can sit and enjoy some refreshments. 

The girls have made some amazing items to sell on the trading table too. Everything from pretty needle cases, pincushions to full size quilts.  Some of the local retail outlets have stalls too, so the stitchers have a chance to stock up on supplies!

The show opens Friday at 10am, if you're in the area.......why not drop in, you'll be made very welcome!


This picture shows the beautiful raffle quilts (behind the table). 

I'm off for a soak in the bath I clearly am getting old.....I ache in places I didn't know I had!!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Wow, sounds like you deserve that long hot bath. Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I would come if I was a bit closer :( sounds like a wonderful event.
Hope your event goes well.
Is one of these quilts yours?

craftieodmae said...

work work work, now relax with a glass of wine, I love the quilts, they are gorgeous and that is a lot of work. I'll stick to card making LOL

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Would love to see your creations, Sue. Sounds like a lovely time!