Friday 5 April 2013

Licorice and White ac160





Licorice and white is the colour challenge for AnnaBelle Stamps this week. Here's my card using BBD # 2 and Love Birds with licorice Sprinkles and satin ribbon.



I saw a good technique on the NET, not sure now where.... but I kind of applied it to this next little sample.
I quite like the result, it's a bit different and I'm looking for something different. :)  
The image was stamped off to a scrap of card, then spritzed with water and stamped to the front of this slim card. The same image was then embossed using white ep just off the original image......Not sure you can see that in this photo.  Gives a bit of a watercolour look I think......what about you?


This card features ABS Whimsy Flowers.


Looking forward to seeing all your elegant black and white creations over the next couple of weeks.
See you soon............

Photobucket
Products used:




Stamps: AnnaBelle Stamps Background By Design #2, Love Birds. Whimsy Flowers.
Card: AnnaBelle Stamps Smooth white, GKD  black card.
Embellishments: AnnaBelle Stamps Licorice Sprinkles, Licorice Satin Ribbon.
Other:
Spellbinder Scalloped heart die, corner rounder, American Craft Zing Embossing Powder opaque white.  VersaFine onyx black ink.

14 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Isn't it so nice to try something different, how wonderful Sue! I don't yet have this BBD set but am feeling the *need* lol. Thanks again for the inspiration!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgous B&W cards. They are always so striking. I must say that I am partial to the second, floral card. Hope all is well.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Saw this pop up on FB tonight and had to come and give you some happy love for it - striking and stunning!

Hope you and Walshie are doing well.

xx M

Jose said...

Stunning card Sue, I might even have to have a go at this challenge myself.
Jose x

Lorraine said...

I love black and white cards so striking reminds me of art deco. x

Anonymous said...

Both cards are great. Thanks for sharing a different technique.

Kylie said...

Two stunning cards, Sue! LOVE your first one and that heart is gorgeous and WOW what a clever idea with your second, I love it...so simple but so striking!

Hugs,
Kylie X

Janelle said...

Gorgeous cards, Sue. I've been meaning to try the second technique myself, so I think I'll have to go and give it a try now. You've inspired me!

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful! love this black and white masterpiece!

Taheerah said...

Both of these are awesome Sue but I just love the bold nature of the first one!!

Darnell said...

Your licorice card is VERY striking, Sue! I love it!!

Marion said...

Great cards and techniques Sue. I don;t own that BBD either...I am thinking I may *need* it like Therese!

Gillian R said...

so striking, just love it. Struggling with this fortnights challenge, hopefully will be able to make something as good as this

Janice said...

These are lovely, especially the floral one, Jx