Sunday 28 April 2013

Butterflies on a warm Autumn Day...............


Hello,

I hope you're enjoying the same kind of weather as we are........it's been beautiful!

I sent Walshie off this morning to enjoy his favourite beach, (Trial Bay) just for a few hours so I could get on with some cleaning before moving into 'my' room.  My new Uniko Studio stamps were here when we got home on Tuesday evening........... I've been dying to ink them up:)

So after the a bit of boring housework.........finally...........


I've used the new digital 'Round In Circles' and  printed to glossy card stock for a change. I like the shine against the flat white base card.   I used a Spellbinder die to cut the squares and rounded two opposite corners.

The butterfly is from 'Bright Butterflies' and thanks to a generous prize from Beverley of Uniko I have the matching die ......so no fussy cutting yeah!  Loving the large sentiment which is from 'All Occasion Sentiments #1'.


I played with the butterflies again for this second card.  An Easel, haven't made one of these in ages!

I die cut a butterfly from some masking film,  then positioned it over some cream card.
Faber-Castell Gelatos were used to paint the butterfly, the blue has a lovely sparkle but the camera never picks that up :(.  Using a flourish from an older Uniko set FONTiment Fancies - Swirls and Flourishes, I filled the image using Flannel Grey ink before removing the mask.

Some layering of coloured card,  more die cut butterflies, some cream ribbon and two ABS waterfall Sprinkles complete this one.

I'm writing this post up quickly as the 'Boss' is back home after a day in Paradise (his words) LOL.......now he'd like to know what we're having for dinner!   So better go, before he wrecks my nice clean kitchen............

Hope you enjoyed your weekend, catch you soon.......x

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kylie said...

Simply Gorgeous Sue! LOVE that 'Hello' sentiment and the yummy colours and your round card is soooooooooo beautiful, love it!

Hugs,
Kylie X

Deborah Frings said...

Sue - these are super. I really like the bold red and pinks on the first card, but it's the way you've coloured the butterfly on the second that I really love! Great sentiment too!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely cards! Great layouts and colors on each. Enjoy the weather. It is too bad that houswork has to interfere with our creativity.

Beverley said...

Wow! Love how you've used the Round In Circles patterned papers and the masked butterfly on the second. Perfect & a joy to wake up to on my morning blog stalks! Hugs Bev x

Juls said...

Fabulous cards!! Love the first one, its so stylish!! Hugs Juls xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. Must try masking butterflies myself. Thanks.

lostinpaper said...

Great use of design papers Sue, love the retro feel as well as that beautiful butterfly. Hope you are having a great week!

Jose said...

Love you used of designer papers, and the rounded corners add interest, and the second card is really delicate looking, 2 beautiful cards.
Weather here is beautiful now, spring has eventually come after such a long wait, just hope it lasts.
Joe x