Friday 21 May 2010

Annabelle Stamps - ABS022



This weeks sketch challenge at Annabelle Stamps is brought to us by design team member Teresa.
I hope you'll join us,  this is a prize challenge and you have two weeks to submit your entry. Andrea will be picking one random project to receive this weeks prize which is the set Helen's Party.



Just want to let you know that Andrea has been busy working on some fabulous new sets. We're all very excited and can't wait to get our hands on them!  Keep watching, there will be some previews soon.

OK so this week I've made a little Birthday card and a pillow box for a small gift (all the best gifts come in small boxes isn't that right girls) **wink**.  I love this  SU Melon Mambo card, just using VersaMark gives a great patterned look.  I did combine a couple of sets this week so here goes:

1. Stamp the small flower from Helen's Party onto SU Melon Mambo using VersaMark Ink. 
2. Cut 3 x 1/2" strips of basic black Bazzill card that has been run through the Cuttlebug using a Swiss        
    dots embossing folder attache to the M M card.
3.  Stamp the image from "My Garden"  onto white card and colour with Copic markers.
4.  Using foam tape add the coloured image over the three black stripes and add four small pink gems
     From Annabelle Stamp Pink Petal Kit
5.  Add three more pink gems, large, medium and small.
6.  Inside the card stamp the sentiment from Helen's Party in black ink and one parcel which has a       
     Copic coloured ribbon.

For the Pillow Box:

1.  Cut the shape from white embossed card.  Score the top and bottom folds.
2.  Add three 1/4" M M strips, and stamp two small flowers from Helen's Birthday. Colour with Copic              
     markers.
3.  Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap of white card, score just in from the edge on four sides and attach to
     the front of the pillow box.
4.  Add one small pink gem to dot the 'i'.
5.  Fill with something.......delish!

The inside of my card looks like this:

I can't remember where I got my template from for this little pillowbox but click here for a pattern if you think you might like to try one for yourself.


NEWS:

I had some lovely news this morning from Claire at Waltzingmouse stamps.  My gift set using Asian Gardens has won me a prize!!!!! How very exciting, I get to choose another set.  Like all stampers I have a wish list so it's just a case of deciding which set I can't live without!!!  Thanks Claire x

OK, don't tell Walshie but I've added an extra two sets to the set I won!!!!!! How BAD am I???.. ROFL..
Oh and guess what else happened today.....the postman delivered to my address the parcel I sent Mum for her birthday in Jan. marked NOT COLLECTED????...........erghhhh.. I'll be hand delivering that in June.....ho hum.....

Till next time..............

11 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Your card and little gift box are just lovely Sue!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. x

Ida said...

Sue this is really cute. I love that image. I also like that you did a pillow box to go with it using the sketch as well.

Rach said...

this is gorgeous Sue, a lovely card and pillow box set...x
Hugz Rach xxx

Edna Morrisedie said...

I love how you carried the stripes from the sketch into your work, cute image too!

craftieodmae said...

Very pretty! I've ordered to go with freebies more than I can count LOL.

Kylie said...

Hi Sue,
Love your card and pillow box, so cute! I love the way you put a face on the flower, just awesome!
Congrats on your win, so well deserved and what a great way to start the weekend!

Have a great weekend,
Hugs,
Kylie X

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely projects. Congrats on the win. Glad that missing package finally turned up...at least it was not lost forever.

Curt in Indy said...

Love your pillowbox and card! I really like the effect of the Versamark as a patterned background. I wish I would remember that more! How frustrating to get your Mom's package back. . .Best, Curt

Betty Benton said...

chuckle, chuckle, giggle, giggle! I won't tell Walshie if you don't! And about the package, at least some postman is not sitting up at night stamping away the hours with your Mum's gift!!

CraftieConnie said...

Wow that is awesome Sue, congrats on your win, so glad for you! It is always exciting and so easy to get carried away with new stuff, heheheheeheheheheh!

Andrea said...

These look gorgeous together Sue! I love your little touch inside :)
What a shame about your parcel, but what luck that you'll soon be there!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Andrea
x