Monday 17 May 2010

Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz




Hi Blogger's

I've had the best week end playing with new stamps!  My new Waltzingmouse Stamps to be precise and they are amazing to work with.  Beautiful quality clear stamps that stamp so well and the designs are fantastic.

The friends of Waltzingmouse Stamps are having their Blog Waltz with the theme of BIRTHDAY'S. Waltzingmouse Stamps are celebrating their 1st Birthday!!! If I've got this all organised properly I'm joining in!   Click HERE for all the hop information from Claire's blog.

My First project uses Claire's 'ASIAN GARDENS' set. So many lovely images to play with and one LARGE background stamp that I love!  I've made a gift set containing four cards with envelopes and a note pad and pen.  It took me a while to sort out just how I was going to put this together and I'll own up right now and tell you that after I took some photos, decided to change the front slightly - I'm sure you'll pick it!


See my new favourite stamp ..... gorgeous border stamped in Close to Cocoa on PL pure white card stock. The bottom border punched and layered over some SU dp and brown American Craft Card.
This amazing tree is stamped in a couple of sections the trunk (love this) again CTC direct to SU Kraft.
There are two stamps to cover the foliage and I've stamped one a couple of times and cut it with a sharp craft knife to pop it up. I stamped this over some SU dp.  A piece of matching ribbon/tape to close the case.



Now inside was  making the box-pocket to hold my four cards and again I stamped the large border over some Kraft card for this. A Spellbinder oval die with my Cuttlebug machine cut the shape for me.
The blank note pad is a cheap buy in a pack of about six ready to decorate.  I just added some Kraft card to the back of it and some strong tape to hold the pad in place. More strong tape for the pen loop.



Here are my four cards, have you spotted the change I made?  I laugh each time I look at this photo!
I've used two of the sentiment sets so that these cards don't have to be Birthday greetings.  Look at the bird cages ...... how cute are they?   All the stamps I've used are from the same set, only one piece of DP used for the whole project and there is still some left over......hows that for me!  With so many great stamps who needs dp!  Some ribbon, gold twine and a few Kaisercraft pearls where the only embellishments.

With some of the left over pieces of card I made a large (ish) gift tag.......well it could become a bookmark! What do you think?



This set is going home with me in June for my Mum who never received the set I sent her in January!


JUST QUICKLY  ....

I also made a Birthday Card..........this features stamps from Claire's sets 
'PIC - NIC PATTERNS'   a great selection of border patterns and
'AFTERNOON TEA SENTIMENTS'  which goes very well with another of the May sets 'AFTERNOON TEA'  (I haven't opened that one yet!) 


PL pure white base card cut to 5 inch square with a layer of pale green American Craft Card followed by a layer of dp from the Kioshi Paper Pad by Basic Grey.  Next a piece of plain dp from the same set was stamped in SU pure plum ink using one of the background patterns from Pic-nic Patterns. A spellbinders blossom die cut one large piece and another small one ready for the Sentiment.
I've stamped the teacup onto some Basic Grey Kioshi dp and cut it out and using foam dots attached it over the stamped blossom shape.  The little posy of Pansies was coloured with Prisma's and OMS before cutting these out and attaching them in the same way as the cup.
A scalloped border overlayed with some lace and satin ribbon tied in a bow complete this card.

Phew...... if you've read right to the end of this post ...... Well Done!!!   

I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone has made with Claire's sets though it might have to be Tuesday my time, I think we're 9 hours ahead of Ireland.  

I've more to share so watch this space!

Till next time...................













57 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh you've been very,very busy! Super sweet set! I think I need the stamps!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

These are gorgeous ... a perfect gift. And I love your paper pieced tea cup!

:) Marcia

Sofia said...

Your cards are just beautiful!!! Love this new set... I guess I have to have it!!!!LOL

Julia Aston said...

What a great little card set and package! love it! wonderful use of this stamp set - and your birthday card is just lovely! thanks so much for waltzing with us today and sharing this great project!

B said...

Wow Sue! You've been so busy! Love your tree with with layers and fabulous idea to create a little note pad set! The bookmark/tag is awesome as well! And love your second card as well! Fab colors!

Lee said...

I just LOVE your Asian Gardens set of cards. Totally stunning.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! These projects are amazing!! You really did go all out!! I'm sure you mom will love the beautiful set of cards.

Karin said...

Outstanding project! I love the neutral color and the flowers in the tea cup are just beautiful!

Latisha said...

WOW! All of these are just fantastic!!

Genevieve said...

Wow! Stunning creations, I love the little card set :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

THUD! Outstanding array of projects and such a great way to show the versatility of this set. Brilliant!

Carly said...

Holly Molly this is fabulous!!! Can I just say "WOW"!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Fantastic project and cards! I need to rest just having read all that you have done.....busy one you have been. Am in awe with the stamps...beautiful.

Ruth M said...

Wow, you have been busy - superb projects! Love the card holder/notepad wallet!

Kathryn B said...

Such a beautiful set using the Asian Garden set!

Angela Mclean said...

The notelet set is such a SUPER gift... BRILL design, color and stamping!!! Wish I was your Mom, 'cos I'd LOVE it LOL!!!
Hugs
Angela xxx.

LaurieJ said...

Wow, what beautiful creations! I love the layering that you did on the tree.

Nadine said...

Wow love all the cards you did with this set! Your mum will just adore the set!

craftieodmae said...

This is fantastic! You have been one busy little stamper! but they are so gorgeous!

Lynne Phelps said...

The card set is wonderful, and you can never have too many bookmarks! I love the paper piecing on the second card - just lovely!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I LOVE that gift set... the cards in the little folder is such a nice way to present them!! Nice work!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What an amazing set!! I love the cutouts on the tree and the colors/patterns you used for the card/tag set are amazing!!

Heather said...

Your Mom will be, I am certain, delighted with this gift!! A really beautiful choice and yes, I too love that BG stamp :)

Heather J. said...

Wow - I love this. Such a nice card collection.

Ingrid Danvers said...

Wow....you did a wonderful job! Your card set is gorgeous and so is your other card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Pauline said...

Love the beautifully elegant card set, and the cup and pansy card is delightful. Pauline x

Unknown said...

Sue, that tree is spectacular, I never thought to add the popped up extra foliage but it looks superb!! Gotta case! and the cards in the set are stunners too! The wee pansy card is very pretty, you have been a very busy bee! Thank you so much for your kind words also!! and thank you for waltzing with us!

Kathy Martin said...

WOWEEEEEEEE! You've been crafting! Love your tree in the first card! :)

Julie said...

Hi Sue,
I just received this set last week, and haven't had a chance to play with it yet. But love what you made, beauitful, beautiful cards. Now I can't wait to try it out!!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW! What a breathtaking creations! That tree is to die for!

Nancy said...

Beautiful cards and set.

Ann said...

Your gift set is beautiful Sue! I'm definitely going to put Asian Gardens on my next order! Love those pansies too!

Janet said...

What a great gift set! Nice choice of colors.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

A beautiful project - the colors are so sophisticated! LOVE the work you've done here. Inspiring.

Betty Benton said...

I love everything, Sue! That last card has the most gorgeous papers, flowers and ribbon! Can't wait to see more!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Oh wow! Wonderful use of monochromatic on the first gift set and that teacup with pansies are simply adorable.

Nilla said...

These are just stunning! Well done! Hugs Nilla

carole said...

Beautiful cards, and I love the first one. Love the choice in the colors.

Rach said...

what a precious gift set i am sure that your mum will love it.. your additional card is also adorable.xx

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE what you have done with that Asian Garden set - what a wonderful gift! And that Pansy card is beautiful!

anya said...

Oh my! How gorgeous! I love the gift set you created with Asian Gardens.. its just beautiful! So glad you could waltz along with us!

Helen Berry said...

Wow, these are all just so gorgeous and I couldn't choose a favourite - just to die for. You've been so busy!!

Joanne Gilch said...

Hey, I spotted the change right off! Just needed a tad bit more adhesive or pop ups, dimensionals. love the set and sure your Mom will too when she gets it!!!!!!

Charmaine Stack said...

What a labour of love for your Mum. But so much fun for you to play with your new stamps, too. The set is stunning - imagine what something like that would cost to purchase in a shop? And the pansy card is too sweet!

Kelly S. said...

Love this krafty card! The dimension on the tree is amazing, and so is the detailed border on the bottom, great job!

Kate Lewis said...

Wow, what beautiful projects! I love them all, you've been so busy! Kate x

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the card set and the little pansy card . I think that I liked the first tree card image better than changed image . More foliage. You have been busy for this large posting .

Brenda said...

Now this is totally cool! Great cards and a wonderful set.

Kerrie said...

You must have RSI.... you clever little bunny, your mum will love it... I didn't know the last never turned up. I think I spotted what you did.... removed something... am I right?

Kevin Renz said...

Wow... so many fabulous cards. Everything is just beautiful.

Rachel Webber said...

what more can I add to what has already been said (not a lot) fabulous cards & set, love what you did with the asian tree

Kylie said...

Oh WOW Sue, jaw dropping gorgeous!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Fiona said...

Love the gift set they are stunning. You are very talented.

CraftieConnie said...

Your set is gorgeous Sue, your Mom will love it. The birthday card is very cute also!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Sue that gift set is gorgeous - love the elegant colours!!! The bookmark/tag is fantastic too!!! Your flower card is so beautiful!!! Wonderful paper, love the paper pieced cup and the ribbon and lace are beautiful!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Fab use of your new sets, I love all of the brown with the Asian set, looks great!!!

The Crafting Cook said...

What a gorgeous set for a gift. I'm sure it will be much appreciated when your Mum gets this.
You'll have to post the instructions on how to make the set!

Teresa x