Sunday 30 May 2010

The Roses Challenge......



Good Morning Blogger's 

Today's card was made for The Roses monthly challenge. Olga, Betty, Kim, Connie, Kerrie and I make a card to post at the end of each month taking it in turns to host the challenge.  Craftie Connie chose this month and she asked for 'flowers'.  I'm sorry Connie I didn't read the directions very well, Kerrie explained that you wanted to see some dimensional flowers.......oops failed! I'd already mailed this little card to Canada as May was also Connie's Birthday!  

This Orchid image from GKD was coloured with Copic markers and cut with a Spellbinder die.
I love the colour of this card - I'll call it Magenta (?) I just added some glitzy ribbon and four clear dew drops to complete what was a quite quick card to make, I probably spent more time colouring the Orchid!!

Hope you're all enjoying your week end......in Sydney we woke to some pale sunshine with a nice breeze. No Cyclonic weather yet, though the South Coast had a rough night so it could be heading our way!  


14 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOW Sue! Love the color pallet! So pretty! Connie will love it!

Betty Benton said...

Stunning card, Sue -- I bet Connie was all atwitter when she received it! Love that nestabilities die and your orchids are colored beautifully!

Patti J said...

I think your card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Your colors are so pretty, and I love the little bit of pizazz at the top! Well done!

Kerrie said...

Hi Sue, what a very pretty card.... I hope we don't get anymore nasty weather.... I'm over it...

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning, nicely done...have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*

CraftieConnie said...

Well Sue you have done honors to the challenge, and I really loved my birthday card. Thanks ever so much, a true beauty it is. And you did add dimension the card so You pass with flying colors heheheheheeh. Did Kezzie tell you about our marathon, hheheheheheeheh!

Jose said...

Beautiful card Sue, just love that colour, and a lovely photograph.
Jose

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the card Sue, Your colouring of flowers is very pretty. The dew drops are a lovely touch .
Love the frames.

craftieodmae said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous dahling!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Well it may not have dimensional flowers, but those flowers are really beautiful! Love the colours you've chosen for this card! I hope the weather is not as nasty as you fear - I'll be thinking of you!!

redwasher1 said...

Sue, this is super lovely!! We finally got the sun!!! Hope you keep dry!

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card! LOVE your flowers! :)

Juls said...

this is so gorgeous and elegant! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Selma said...

What an elegant card. I really like the colors you used.