Monday 24 May 2010

Just beacause.........




Just Because....... I have been missing for a couple of days I thought I would post this little cutie tonight.  I've spent the last couple of days surfing the net ready for our trip, which is looming up fast!!!
If you clicked onto my blog about an hour ago you might have thought you were in the wrong place!!! I was playing with new blog backgrounds.......I feel like a change but can't find anything I like yet!!
This little card is going into the following challenge:  A Spoon Full of Sugar   which is cute and girly.
This little image is one of the ones we stamped off at the Copics Certification Class. I thought I might use my Inkadinks to colour her for a change but wish I'd stuck to Copics for her little face!!!  Nothing I've tried colours faces like Copic markers.
The Base card is a 5 inch square of black card with a layer of American Craft followed by the Basic Grey  Kiosho Paper.   Mulberry Roses and some punched leaves  fill the top corner and I used Copics to colour a white heart pin as well as some white double faced satin ribbon. A Spellbinders Fancy Tags die was cut for the Annabelle Stamps Sentiment.
That's it for now, my friend is home from Hospital and coming for lunch with me tomorrow so I'll have my catering hat on.......Poor her!!!!!

Till next time, take care............


14 comments:

Patti J said...

Awww...have fun with your friend - so nice of you to cook for her! Your card is delightful - love it! Your holiday is fast approaching! If you find yourself anyplace near St. Louis, Missouri, let me know!!! Beautiful card, dear friend!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh she is a sweet little thing! Super adorable card my friend!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous, she's so sweet!!!

paola said...

Absolutely stunning doll, thanks for joining us at ASFOS
smiles
Paola

Jose said...

Cute card, and you have been busy since I have been away!
Enjoy your trip, and hope you arent planning on flying with BA!!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet little girl! love your wonderful coloring on her and the ribbon with the sentiment!

Shirley-Anne said...

I think her skin tone looks fine .
She is cute .
I love the flower arrangement at top left. Back ground paper and the ribbon go well together .

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

There's something about purple/lilac and flowers on a card .... sweet.

:) Marcia

Kerrie said...

She is such a cute image, I think her face look really good, great colouring with the inkadinks....

Rach said...

a fabulous card Sue, great colours, i love how you have attached your sentiment. hope you have a lovely meal with your friend.x
Hugz Rach xxx

Genevieve said...

Oh my! This is cute & your bow is just perfect :)

Helen Pickup said...

Thanks for your lovely comments, It's nice to see lots of arty people making use of my Helen's Party stamps :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Sweet job with the image and I love your embellishments, they add great balance to your card!

Kathy Jones said...

I just ADORE this image and love the way you've framed her!!! Beautiful papers, the ribbon/tag treatment is fabulous, as is all those flowers!!! Wonderful card Sue!!