Thursday 27 May 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps for Challenge Heaven


Hello blogging friends,  
what's happening in your part of the world?  Here in Sydney we've had a day of constant rain and I believe, though I haven't set foot beyond the drive, that the roads have been chaotic!!! Nothing like rain to cause problems on the roads here........

What do you think is this card a bit on the large side for my little blog? I've just realised that I can choose to make my pics extra large.....not sure how this will look!

I've used Claire Brennan's Waltzingmouse Stamps set, Asian Gardens for this card and the sketch is from Challenge Heaven's May Card Challenge.

Method:

1.  Cut Pale pink card to 4.25" x 5.5". Add a layer of white card followed by a layer of dp. (Beautiful dp, an oddie from              
     Wishmade Co.Ltd.)
2.  Stamp the image in SU Close to Cocoa on to P W card sponge the edges with Antique Linen distress ink.
3.  Cut the image using a Spellbinder Label die, Cut another shape from pink card. Adhere the pink card to card.
4.  Emboss the pale green card with a Cuttlebug Script embossing folder and cut to size. Adhere to card over the pink mat.
5.  Emboss a piece of darker green card with a Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder and cut the scalloped edge with a   
     QuicKutz 12" scallop die. Adhere to card adding 5 pale green Dew Drops.
6.  Attach the stamped image over the pink mat using fine foam tabs.


That's it till Fridays Annabelle Stamps Challenge, I'm trying to get one or two cards made to pre-post for whilst I'm away......don't want you to forget about my little blog!!!
See ya....


10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love the card and the size!!! How'd u do that?

The Other Patti Sue said...

Just lovely, I really like that embossing!

Betty Benton said...

What a super gorgeous card! I had to change my screen resolution to see the entire card (I normally keep it around 125% - 150% to be able to see it better -- old eyes, you know; well, maybe you don't know!!) Any way, love the paper, the stamped image, the embossing and the "rain drops?".

Jose said...

Lovely cards Sue, sorry about your rain :) sunny here, but a little cooler today but still warm for May in UK

Anonymous said...

We promise not to forget you!

redwasher1 said...

Sue your card is just lovely! Love that DP you used!! We are still having winter here, snow (not much) on Saturday, been raining and some hail today. Looks like we may be skipping spring this year!

Kerrie said...

Cute card... this size is great!

Shirley-Anne said...

I PROMISE NOT TO FORGET YOU!
Sue , this is one stunning card. The softness of it took my breath away .
Love the sponging colour around image . Love the two embossed strips . Love the dew drops . Love the rose backing paper. Love the layout .
Stunning .

Edna Morrisedie said...

Have a fab time when you're away!!

Love this one, the little bird cage is gorgeous and looks great with the BG paper, well done!

Kathy Jones said...

Beautiful Sue!!! Love the vintage feel of this card and that sweet bird cage!