Saturday 15 May 2010

Ruby Wedding!



Thank goodness the week end is here! I know, I know for us SAH types week ends don't mean quite the same......... BUT it's been such a tedious week here, I'm so please to draw a line underneath Friday and start again!!!

Thought I'd show you the card I put together 'by request'! Delish Webster's Pages paper from one of the 6 x 6 packs Selma sent me from Joan's store. Thank you Selma I l o v e this paper and thought it would be great for this Anniversary Card.

My 6 x 6 inch card uses a whole sheet with the centre cut away to show some Swiss dots embossed red card, I've placed my sentiment in an oval to sit over this section. Ribbon threaded lace sits across the top with roses and babies breath added to the side along with pearl hearts, heart pins and the gold embellies. I added Cherry Sprinkles to the Sentiment oval and a Cuttlebug die cut swirl for the bottom corner.

I found a great sentiment for inside this card, I always give a couple of choices, after all the person giving the card knows the recipients!

The card is boxed and I've decorated the lid with some Kaisercraft paper with a ribbon and scalloped strip, to which I added the Kaisercraft tag. A couple of the same Cuttlebug die cut swirls complete the lid.

That's it for today, thanks for dropping by. I need to get busy with some projects over the week end but I'll have my last DT card for TMITA on Monday, hope you'll call by then.

12 comments:

Nilla said...

Fabulous card and box and all, Sue! Well done! Have a great weekend! Hugs Nilla

Patti J said...

lol...Sometimes I think it's harder for us SAH people, as everyone in the universe thinks "she can do it, she's not working" - seems I have more to do in a day than a day has hours! Your card is beautiful! I'm lovin' the colors - how rich and elegant! Great card, Sue - TFS...

Kerrie said...

Wow... very pretty love the paper it so pretty, and the way you have cut out the centre...

Shirley-Anne said...

love the threaded ribbon at top on card Love the swirls . great paper
Love the box and the tag

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful card and box. Love all the great details and embellishments. Fabulous paper! Have a great weekend!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OH and I forgot the box is just as amazing as the card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Sue.... this is a WOW card! The paper is fab, I really need to get some! Beautiful card my friend!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh wow Sue, this is a stunner!

:) Marcia

Kathy Jones said...

WOW! Sue this is a GORGEOUS Ruby Wedding Anniversary card!!!! Love how you used that paper and all the detailing (flowers,sprinkles, lace, ribbon) look wonderful!! And just to step it up a notch the boxed lid is just fantastic too!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

This is gorgeous Sue! Lots of lovely elements to admire, put together really well!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Sue!

Unknown said...

hello! i love the way you use texture and colour and depth in your cards. they are just lovely. thank you so much for sharing