Saturday 22 May 2010

Anyone for Plaids???


Hi all,

I hope wherever you are it's a bit warmer than it is in Sydney at the moment.........17c it says on my computer, I'm sitting with the heater on!!!

 I've been playing with a few different things today and threw then all into this one card ...... what do you think?

I love this Plaid stamp from Waltzingmouse Stamps Pic - Nic Patterns and decided to try quite a simple plaid in brown and orange.  I actually masked half of my stamp for the orange stripe but it worked really well, stamped onto SU Kraft. I saw some great plaids on the Waltzing Hop earlier in the week, so need to have a play.

I also saw a couple of these paper lace doily flowers this week and tried one for myself ..... the verdict is still out ..... not sure if I like them or not I love the scruffie flowers and tissue flowers bettter I think!  Mine has a centre scalloped circle that was cut using a SU punch with a button sitting over that.  I  distressed the white doily with Antique Linen Distress ink then spritzed it with gold glimmer mist.  

For the first time I used a scalloped die to cut some felt......oh love this......  think I might try cutting felt Nesties next!!  I just added a row of hand stitching to mine for the card.  I picked this die up at my local Spotlight store.

This gorgeous kettle is from a Waltzingmouse set called Afternoon Tea and I've stamped it in  Bronze VersaColor ink.........I think it looks like an old copper kettle the kind you stand on a range.  I used a Spellbinder die to cut this out and again used Antique Linen sponged around the edge to age it.

The sentiment from the same set is stamped in brown VersaColor onto some Kraft and a length of crochet cotton added to the cute teabag label Claire gave us on her blog.  I'm entering this card into a challenge over at Create4Fun which this week is vintage. Challenge - Week 21.

Well better get this finished I've had a day of playing  and we are due at my Brother's place for Dinner so better get my skates on.

Hope you all enjoy a restful week end see you back here soon I hope.


11 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the plaid, I bought this set too, and can't wait to go all plaid, but some other things to tackle first! Love the use of kraft and then with brown and orange, goes well with your other elements... go the scalloped felt and I love the flower, looks great!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This card is just so warm and inviting! I love the browns and your flowers is just gorgeous!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I LOVE this! The plaid is awesome, totally makes the card!

Shirley-Anne said...

Love that kettle image . and the paper , they just seem to go together . And I think that the felt makes card look even more old world. Even the flower has aged look well done .

Thea said...

What a beautiful card :):0

Greetz Thea

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet card! LOVE the felt, the flower and the tea tag! :)

craftieodmae said...

The plaid is great! This is such a gorgeous card!!!

redwasher1 said...

A perfect cozy and warm card for those cold days!! Beautiful card my friend!!

Kerrie said...

How did I miss this .... love what you have done with the felt... look forward to seeing what you create with the felt and cuttlebug!!

Julia Aston said...

Great little tea card! love that plaid bg stamping!

Nilla said...

Sue, sorry haven´t been around lately! I singled out this card, just love it but all your other cards are as usual gorgeous! Take care! Hugs Nilla