Saturday 29 May 2010

BIG news from wet and miserable Sydney.....






Hello Blogging friends, I hope all my American friends are enjoying the Memorial Day long week end and that the weather is good so you get to spend time outside with family and friends.

I was watching a program on TV last night that was filmed at the Chelsea Flower Show......wow I so want to go one year....the colours and designer gardens are to die for. The reason I mention this is that the weather in the UK looked good too (How pleased am I, Walshie and I will be there soon). Here in Sydney it's wet and miserable with the terrible cyclonic conditions we've been warned about due to hit tonight or tomorrow.




It's good crafting weather though and I am mega busy.....Annabella Stamps have 11 new sets due to release starting from 14th June. Previews will commence from 7th June with the new stamps introduced a few at a time starting from 14th. Andrea is working on some fun stuff too, so keep watching the Annabelle Stamps Blog and the DT's blogs for all the information. I can't give too much away... but I can tell you that there's something for everyone with these new stamps. I'm having lots of fun making up as much as I can before we leave.




Just a quick card to post today which uses Waltzingmouse Asian Gardens, I love this set and this tree in particular.

I've used Maroon, Kraft and white card for the stamped image. Sponged the edges to take away the stark white. The Kraft has been stamped with the large background stamp with a couple of Asian charms for a bit of bling. I've stamped an extra small foliage cluster to pop up on foam for some added interest.




That's it take care all and stay dry!!!!!



11 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

lovely card Sue. everything ; paper, background , embellishment and image is in keeping with Asian feel.
Will try this sponging of the white card with image as it looks great .
Wet , windy and cold here in Adelaide too.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Keep safe Sue ... hope the rain and wind isn't as bad as they are predicting!

:) Marcia

Jose said...

Love that card, especially the tree, sorry to say this comes from a wet Somerset, I hope summer isnt over all ready, perhaps Mr Sunshine is saving himself for when you arrive.
Jose xx

craftieodmae said...

yep the weather is fantastic! I love the warm air... Your card is breath taking!! Love that tree too.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love how you used red with the tree, good dimension too!!

I went the Chelsea Flower Show a couple of years ago, had a ball, was great to soak it all in, good Pimms too!

The Other Patti Sue said...

What a wonderful "Asian" card! Love the colors... Perfection!

Selma said...

Very pretty card Sue. Hope you have great weather on your trip. It is very wet and cold here.

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful card! LOVE the coin accents! :)

Kerrie said...

O my goodness, this is beautiful, dp great, and the coins really set the card off.

Juls said...

this is so gorgeous!! I absolutley Love it!! Love the oriental feel and the very gorgeous colours, beautiful creation! Hugs Juls

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Elegance, stunning and beautiful.