Saturday 21 January 2012

A Little Birdie Told Me......



Hello all,

I finally sat down to make a card for a couple of CAS challenges.  The girls from Less Is More #50 asked for 'one layer BIRDS' this week ......perfect for AnnaBelle Stamps new "Love Birds" set.  
Over at Splitcoast Stampers this weeks challenge is a sketch using colour blocking so I thought I might combine the two.


I sponged using Memento desert sand and tangelo as well as Ranger distress inks, Skattered straw. The image and sentiment uses SU close to cocoa.  To complete my card I rounded opposite corners and added an ABS pumpkin Sprinkle.

I'm running late for both the challenges but it's been like a mad house here so little time for any crafting.   
Thanks for popping past.........have a great weekend!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job with both the challenges, I LOVE this bird!

Deborah Frings said...

Love these soft, subtle colours and the touch of bling! It's a lovely bird stamp and perfect sentiment too!

Anonymous said...

Such a funky design Sue! I totally love your blocks of colour, this a fantastic take on both challenges!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Yep it's a funky design... and so cool! LOve it GF!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Sue ..I know how life can be so full on sometimes .
but great to see this little beauty from you .
Love the soft colourblocks and simple litle image .
hugs Shirley-anne

Selma said...

Yes, you did a great job with both challenges. That is a very cute little bird.

Kym Weber said...

Love the softness of your card! Pretty colors together! Darling stamp and wonderful sentiment! Fabulous job!

Pauline said...

A beautiful card for these challenges, beautiful colours and a great design.